Heritage Owners Club

Dunlop crybaby through fx loop

Guest HRB853370

Guest HRB853370

Not getting any output when its hooked up. There is amplifier jack on left side of crybaby and instrument jack on right side of crybaby. I was going from the crybaby amplifier jack to the FX return and the crybaby instrument jack to the FX send on the amp.

Is this correct?

Send is the output from the preamp plug that into the instrument input (right side of pedal) and return is back to the power amp which will go to the amplification side (left side of pedal). But why are you using that in the effects loop? The wah is not a modulation effect. Its sound will be barely noticable in the effects loop I would think....

Have you tried wiring Guitar -> wah. -> instrument jack? While the Wah typically isn't in effects loop and may not handle the levels well, it should still pass through some sound. Sounds like cables are reversed or Wah may be taking some time off.

• 2 weeks later...

So what did you end up doing with this? I bought a used GCB-95 for $40, it sounds ok, but it sucks tone and it has a volume issue. Volume tends to jump in certain frequency sweeps.... I've got a lot of mod ideas I plan on trying out on this before I give up.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived