Heritage Owners Club

Hughes & Kettner Tubemeister 18

koula901

H&K have great products.

I have a Rototsphere, Tube factor, had a Replex and have a sweet little Puretone 112 combo sitting right infront of me.

The little Tubemeister is a pretty cool little amp. I like the head more than the combo.

Its quite gainy but not metal gain or voice. More classic rock to hard rock. Reasonable clean at lower levels.

Dont know what else to say about it really, I plugged in, played through it, thought it sounded alright turned it off and never thought too much about it again on a personal level. Just not an amp for me. But its not bad, its quite good at what it does.

Yeah, I can't say what the difference is between the quality of build of the German built amps and the Chinese built ones. Assuming they are reasonably built, this is at least an affordable H&K. I dig the 18w tone. I really like their cleaner sounds. Just sick.

Yeah, I can't say what the difference is between the quality of build of the German built amps and the Chinese built ones. Assuming they are reasonably built, this is at least an affordable H&K. I dig the 18w tone. I really like their cleaner sounds. Just sick.

Yeah, I didnt mean to sound down on it. Its a good amp. Just not an amp for me......right now :)

Big Hughes and Kettner fan. I own the Tube 20 and a Puretone Combo . Both are great. I haven't played any of their tube gear I wouldn't like to own.

Tubeman is a great DI box. Best I have played. I think you would be happy with it. H&K seems to know tone.

Big Hughes and Kettner fan. I own the Tube 20 and a Puretone Combo . Both are great. I haven't played any of their tube gear I wouldn't like to own.

Tubeman is a great DI box. Best I have played. I think you would be happy with it. H&K seems to know tone.

Mikenov, what is a DI box?

It's not as much a concern for me as it is for some others who buy equipment. I'd much prefer to buy products made in the USA; that said, I've had hit or miss experiences w/products from China. A joyo pedal gone bad (after I traded it to GC!), and the Joyo clip-on tuner didn't work from the start. But excellent experience with the Epi half stack.

Archived