Heritage Owners Club

Heritage 207DD

602a

I know Heritage make fantastic guitars, but I somehow struggle with Heritage shapes and fender style headstocks. I am pretty sure it will be a great guitar though.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw this in person and I would have to agree with Big Bob. It appears it had a headstock break, but not where the entire headstock fell off, but where the pointy part of where the low E tuner is broke off (you can see it barely in the last photo), and also that side of the fretboard is separating from the neck.

The guy in the store said $1050 cash out the door, but when I pointed the above out to him, I got the "what are you talking about" and "that doesn't look like a break to me" and "I'll have my tech look at it because he didn't say anything about it". He said he got the guitar in trade for a drum set.

I will have to say, that if indeed there was a break, the repair on the headstock was pretty well done. There would need to be extra work done on the fretboard. Also, one last note, where the fretboard meets the body, there is some separation there as well. It has a couple of minor dings in the back of the body and wear at the tip of the headstock. It is a beautiful guitar, as are all Heritages, if you could also love the flaws.

Seems solid enough, but also overpriced. Just know what you're getting into with this one.

Archived