Heritage Owners Club

While I wait...

While I'm on the KBP waiting list, I've been eyeing the Egnator Tweaker and Rebel amps. Does anyone own one or have an opinion on them? They sound pretty darn good to me, but I'm unsure about relability. I'm looking at both amps as a combo. Let me know what you think.

I'm leaning towards the Rebel because of its two channel, reverb, direct XLR output, variable wattage setting, and EL84/6v6 blend.

However, I've heard about some reliability issues on the Rebel, but the Tweaker has been great.

Ha.... yes.

I just picked up an Egnater Tweaker 15 Combo this evening.

The reviews were so good, even the guys on the Marshall board that weren't sure when they heard it at GC, took one home and love it.

Fender , Vox and Marshall sounds with 6V6 tubes ( you can change them also ) and great variety of tones.

You are right about the Rebel... channel switching , reverb, XLR out, tube blending and more watts... there are some features there that some would feel are necessary. I found a deal on the tweaker 15 or maybe I'd have gone for the rebel instead.

I've been playing mine for the last 1 1/2 hours and my ears are ringing a bit... lots of tones to pick from. The reviews are true... amazing variety of great tones to pick from.

I'm a used gear type of guy, so I'm going to be buying a used model.... With the tweaker, I'll need a reverb unit, but how is the tweaker cranked up volume, yet remaining clean? Does it do a clean very well? Its hard to try out everything when playing at a music store. Everyone seems like they are recovering from the weekend when you go in there and start jamming loud. No one wants to hear it....

I'm a used gear type of guy, so I'm going to be buying a used model.... With the tweaker, I'll need a reverb unit, but how is the tweaker cranked up volume, yet remaining clean? Does it do a clean very well?

I did some pretty loud cleans that were very nice.. but in a home environment..no drummer etc.

The Fender type cleans are excellent and I used the Vox setting for some REM , Byrds, Stones... But any of them can be set clean or hot (and with variable gain) and the Vox and the Marshall do some nice cleans also.

Mostly I was on the Marshall setting ( ZZTop, Zep, etc..) and there are a lot of different tones in that setting also.

It's the lack of reverb that made me wonder about the tweaker.. also , the loop in these are pretty hot, I believe , so some pedals like it and some do not... from what I've read.

I bought it from a guy that only had this about a month... his reason for selling.. he needs the channel switching in his band. So he made me a great deal. He is buying another Egnater .. I forget which one.

I just looked up the Tweaker. MAN! That is a cool amp!

I really dig the Tweaker 40 head with the 2x12" cab.

Yeah, it's impressive.

I had really loved the Vox setting... clean or hot.

But several comments in the reviews say that there are no bad tones in this amp... and it's strangely accurate.

As you keep dialing in new tones , each one is different , but all are nice , useable , warm tones.

Yeah, it's impressive.

I had really loved the Vox setting... clean or hot.

But several comments in the reviews say that there are no bad tones in this amp... and it's strangely accurate.

As you keep dialing in new tones , each one is different , but all are nice , useable , warm tones.

I'd almost want to get that as a 'modeler' amp. ...when I have money. haha.

To be honest, though, once the the Starlite is firmly in my home and the build is in the rear view mirror and money has changed hands for it....

I will be talking to Brian once again. Possibly for an ODS or some other higher gain mini-giant (half power, small cabinets through a single 12) amp to run in stereo with the Starlite.

I also have a guitar I have to build too. Wheeee

We shall see. :D

Archived