Heritage Owners Club

I Love my C-30, but..

smurph1

Last summer My Classic 30 developed an annoying hum, that was finally remedied by replacing the A1 pre-amp tube..Now the hum is back..it's only been a few months since I replaced the last tube..Should they burn out that quick? We haven't played a gig since October, and only practiced at very low volumes a couple of times..What Up? Thanks..

Have you tried swapping out the tube? Actually, try reseating them first. Power off of course.If you have no spares, you may have identical tubes in other positions, you could swap positions, see if the problem changes. Tubes, while providing that sweet tone, can be a major PIA. New ones aren't made like the old ones and the quality can be spotty.

Not really. there is hum and then there is hum. Can you record it so we have a better idea of which you hearing? Have you did the pencil test again? Is it continuous or intermittent?

It's continuous..I will do that pencil test though, when I get the chance..Thanks..I think I have a spare tube floating around..i'll try that once I can pinpoint the culprit..

Just because you replaced the tube, doesn't mean it was a good tube to begin with.... You should see the collection of bad tubes KBP has decorating his window sill

Maybe I should invest in some good ones..Any Suggestions? LOL..I already know the answer to that question.. :icon_santa:

Maybe I should invest in some good ones..Any Suggestions? LOL..I already know the answer to that question.. :icon_santa:

I value your opinions..just know I'm not made of money..

Guest HRB853370

Last summer My Classic 30 developed an annoying hum, that was finally remedied by replacing the A1 pre-amp tube..Now the hum is back..it's only been a few months since I replaced the last tube..Should they burn out that quick? We haven't played a gig since October, and only practiced at very low volumes a couple of times..What Up? Thanks..

This is exactly why I ended up replacing my C30 with the Delta Blues. Recurring humming even after tube changes. It drove me nuts. Finally I said, screw it, and sold the amp on Ebay. They are good amps however, I just didn't have the patience to deal with it.

Guest HRB853370

Not really. there is hum and then there is hum. Can you record it so we have a better idea of which you hearing? Have you did the pencil test again? Is it continuous or intermittent?

Mark, I always thought the pencil test was for cleavage.

This is exactly why I ended up replacing my C30 with the Delta Blues. Recurring humming even after tube changes. It drove me nuts. Finally I said, screw it, and sold the amp on Ebay. They are good amps however, I just didn't have the patience to deal with it.

I LOVE the tube overdrive channel, but i'm getting frustrated too..The reverb is great though..

Guest HRB853370

I LOVE the tube overdrive channel, but i'm getting frustrated too..The reverb is great though..

Yes, and the tremolo on the Delta is sweet!

Archived