Heritage Owners Club

CRAP... I found my tone. :(

barrymclark

So... I was fooling around with the 575 this morning through the Cube.

I have been using the JC setting as of late as that seemed to get me even closer to my tone than I had been getting which was pretty close to start with.

Unhappy with the thickness of the lower tones... I dumped the bass completely hit the bright switch. That REALLY evened things out across the strings.

...next thing you know... and hour and half had passed and I was late for work.

I just didn't want to stop hearing it.

I turned on the delay and had it so low that the slapback was really not even audible. That seemed to fatten it out JUST a touch. Let it breath some.

As much as I am still looking forward to my Starlite....

THIS is my tone. THIS is what ALL amps will be measured against for me when using my 575.

Only thing is....

...what do I do with my Lunch-tone Shootout time! haha.

that's a good moment! i have had it a few times, then something happens after a while and it just seems to go away or change ever so slightly. THE tone, YOUR tone is elusive and flirts with you, giving you a little taste of tonal heaven for a few months, then ... well, it seems distracted and distant, not quite as present with you as you play, a little off from that magical moment when you first...

Wait a minute, that's a another life situation (or maybe it is the same thing, different love).

That's what it is all about. You are officially addicted.

It's like falling in love. You get goofy in your head. Your priorities shift. Next thing you know you're late for work or broke or in jail or whatever.

Put down the guitar, turn around and walk away. Don't look back.

That's what it is all about. You are officially addicted.

It's like falling in love. You get goofy in your head. Your priorities shift. Next thing you know you're late for work or broke or in jail or whatever.

Put down the guitar, turn around and walk away. Don't look back.

:D

Oh the all mighty TONEGASM!. I have to had these from time to time but they always seem to fade and im left searching again. I hope yours stays. my friend.

I have come close before... and faked a few... but this is the first TONEGASM for me. haha.

I have come close before... and faked a few... but this is the first TONEGASM for me. haha.

Yeah i know what you mean, I had a mesa boogie lonestar and fender twin reverb that both once brought me to the happy ending, only to leave me rolling over to go to sleep after a short while... :laughing7: I been searching for that all elusive o face ever since :happy4: . about 6 years to be exact.

Yeah i know what you mean, I had a mesa boogie lonestar and fender twin reverb that both once brought me to the happy ending, only to leave me rolling over to go to sleep after a short while... :laughing7: I been searching for that all elusive o face ever since :happy4: . about 6 years to be exact.

ha

Guest HRB853370

So... I was fooling around with the 575 this morning through the Cube.

I have been using the JC setting as of late as that seemed to get me even closer to my tone than I had been getting which was pretty close to start with.

Unhappy with the thickness of the lower tones... I dumped the bass completely hit the bright switch. That REALLY evened things out across the strings.

...next thing you know... and hour and half had passed and I was late for work.

I just didn't want to stop hearing it.

I turned on the delay and had it so low that the slapback was really not even audible. That seemed to fatten it out JUST a touch. Let it breath some.

As much as I am still looking forward to my Starlite....

THIS is my tone. THIS is what ALL amps will be measured against for me when using my 575.

Only thing is....

...what do I do with my Lunch-tone Shootout time! haha.

Hmm, Gentleman's Club perhaps?

You know you are in trouble when you would rather have a tonegasm with your guitar than with your wife.

Here's the sad truth. One tone is not enough.

The quest never ends.

Last night I was listening to a 12 string Rickenbacker. I really liked it and started thinking hmmm.... Then I slapped myself back to Earth.

I go through that all the time..Then i look at my budget..haha..

Archived