Heritage Owners Club

Heritage H 535 HS

Airmike

Once upon a time there hat been a H 535 HS, where you can split the humbuckers...

Does anyone know, when they built this guitar? Why did they stopp to produce them- seems to be a good option...

Do you mean a 535 with VIP installed ?

There were three mini switches on the older VIP setup, which included splitting the humbuckers. The newer VIP uses two mini switches with three positions for each pickup, again one is for splitting the humbuckers.

A shot of my '86 170 which originally had VIP installed, the minis are now used for different pickup options on the installed P-Rails

gallery_328_8_76445.jpg

And a Youtube video off Gregor Hilden demoing a 535 with the older VIP installed.

As far as I know VIP is still an option on new Heritages, haven't seen very many with it installed though.

man, that guy is a great guitar player!

how has he got the pickguard attached? something into the sound hole?

good idea, I lose chunks of my fingers sometimes on those right-angle metal things

I tried a prospect with the vari wiring at PSP IV, but couldn't figure it out....will read those instructions

good idea, I lose chunks of my fingers sometimes on those right-angle metal things

I tried a prospect with the vari wiring at PSP IV, but couldn't figure it out....will read those instructions

Gregor would sound good playing an air guitar !

The older 535 pickguards were screwed right into the top of the body. Mine's like that, too.

Archived