Heritage Owners Club

For all you modeller guys...someone IS listening! Powered cab-age. hmmmm

barrymclark

By the way there are several of those FRFR guitar cabs on the market already but none of them seem to be doing very well.

Myself if I want to run a stereo rig I want the FRFR cabs to be separate so there is some real stereo separation between the cabs.

..and there is another difference to what you and I would want. I don't want that kind of separation. ...but then... I don't really use stereo effects where chorus or something would really make good use of the separation. I'd using it for blending amp types and I'd want them right next to each other.

I'm with you Barry, not worth arguing about, some work for some folks, others work for other folks. As you know I'm working towards the Axe FxII. The finances are healthy right now, and wife thinks I'm silly but contines to smile when she says it. I'm spending my time now doing the research so I avoid doing something stupid. May take awhile. I guess I'm looking for that one thing that pushes me over the edge.

...and I believe you will very happy with the Axe-Fx. It is definitely the most versatile of the bunch. You find people that say it sounds better than this, that, or the other or not as good... or this modeller does this better and the Axe-Fx does that better.

The good news is, if you don't bond with it, you can sell it used for what you bought it for used. :D

But... I don't have any friends that have dropped the Axe-Fx although it has on a number of occassions been parked in the studio to never leave for various reasons.

If I ever make another big amp purchase, it might just be a JC120. Just to have it. :D No, it is a wonderful sounding amp. Just a bear to move if you can't use the casters!

I'm with you Barry, not worth arguing about, some work for some folks, others work for other folks. As you know I'm working towards the Axe FxII. The finances are healthy right now, and wife thinks I'm silly but contines to smile when she says it. I'm spending my time now doing the research so I avoid doing something stupid. May take awhile. I guess I'm looking for that one thing that pushes me over the edge.

As far as something to push you over the edge, look at the list of users on each. Funny enough, MUCH more of the players whose tone I like are on the Axe-Fx list than Line6. Dont blame them... I don't like the Line6 amps at all!

Go look and see who you know on that list. :D

Check out YouTube too. Not always the best place... rarely the best place, but there are some decent demos out there. Just gotta dig.

...and I commend you for being cautious. Especially with a buy this big. You'd feel like a real ass if you spent all that money and didn't care for it! haha.

Wow! That sure was condescending. Just for the record, most of us try to be a tad bit less combative around here. It seems to work well. Cheers!

If barry felt I was being condescending then I apologize. I certainly didn't intend it that way, nor was I trying to be combative. I was simply trying to state 'my opinion'. After all isn't that (along with learning) what forums are all about? I understand it's difficult sometimes to interpret a persons demeanor over the internet, but I have absolutely no ill will toward barry or any other member of this forum.

If barry felt I was being condescending then I apologize. I certainly didn't intend it that way, nor was I trying to be combative. I was simply trying to state 'my opinion'. After all isn't that (along with learning) what forums are all about? I understand it's difficult sometimes to interpret a persons demeanor over the internet, but I have absolutely no ill will toward barry or any other member of this forum.

...and that is exactly why I didn't come out swinging. I have definitely been taken wrong myself. ;) No ill will at all from here either.

...and I still like my skateboard. :D

I'm sorry 'barryclark' but I just feel a need to put my own .02 cents in here. With all these comparisons of "modelers" going on in this thread I have to say I haven't heard a single truth yet. All I've heard is conjecture from those who have yet to sit down and really spend ANY quality time with any of the "high end" modelers (there's really only one).

To speak of the Axe-Fx in the same sentence as units such as the L6 junk or the ever so lowly Roland Cube units is just sheer nonsense. There is a reason so many MAJOR artists are incorporating the Axe-Fx into their rigs. I can't remember the last time (if ever) I saw a Cube being used on stage.

Let's stop comparing Rolls-Royce's to skate boards and stick to the facts here. The Cube IMO is an entry level amp. As a matter of fact after less then a month with the Cube 80 XL I sent it down to TN to my 11 yr old grand-daughter who is just beginning to learn guitar. For her it's a chance to learn, for me it was an absolute joke. I'm not saying it's as bad as some of the amps out there but let's be real here, how 'great' can a sub $400 chinese made amp be?

Compare that to the most advanced ground breaking technology (Axe-Fx) to happen in the realm of guitars since the electric pickup and I think the Cube quite simply pales by comparison. And as for L6 their not all bad, I use one of their wireless units for my guitar, but as for their modelers I have to again refer to the Rolls-skateboard analogy.

And in this corner, weighing in at ..... :boxing:

Let's Get Ready to Rumble!!!!

38491_article.jpg

Archived