Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Sighting on VH1

DavesNotHere

I've been spending the day literally watching the walls dry and I had the TV on VH1 Classics as background noise. They are currently airing a documentary series called “Metal Evolution”.

There was an episode on this afternoon that was about Thrash metal. I know little to nothing about Thrash, but they were talking about some of the pioneering bands and they mentioned Testament. That perked up my ears.

I only know about them because of Alex Skolnick's association with Heritage.

While they were interviewing Alex, he had a 150 sitting next to him, but it was turned so you couldn't read the head stock logo. So, there was no Heritage exposure to the masses, but it was nice to see it on national TV none the less. At least we know. ;)

How funny how producers do that sometimes. My kids watch stuff on Disney and Nick and the instruments logos are covered or removed....

Yeah Disney and Nick does that..legal reasons or are they after endorsement$?

Go H! all my tv picks up is Disney--(I have a daughter!) All I can ever find on there is a gibby or two in a boy band like the jonas brothers. I always think--the mega company meets the corporate giant--and this is the result. Occasionally I do find a way to snag the remote (it's a game at our house) and find an old school concert or maybe a documentary on abt animals, food--or occasionally even the blues!!!--Recently saw something on Mac Arnold and his gas can guitar..interesting!

Go H! all my tv picks up is Disney--(I have a daughter!) All I can ever find on there is a gibby or two in a boy band like the jonas brothers. I always think--the mega company meets the corporate giant--and this is the result. Occasionally I do find a way to snag the remote (it's a game at our house) and find an old school concert or maybe a documentary on abt animals, food--or occasionally even the blues!!!--Recently saw something on Mac Arnold and his gas can guitar..interesting!

I finally seized the remote last Friday. Got a new tv for Christmas and I've never watched anything on it for me... Went to the Discovery Channel and found all sorts of new shows I want to see!

Guest HRB853370

I saw Testament last week and he was using a Silverbust and a Tobaccoburst (I beleive) all night. He was also filling in for Scott Ian for Anthrax that night too. My girlfriend would not cooperate in my plans to sneak off with one :laughing7:

Yeah, I can certainly understand her not wanting you to sneak off with Alex..... :icon_silent:

Guest HRB853370

Mac Arnold and a plate full o blues-SC native!!

Archived