Heritage Owners Club

H575 higher output bridge pickup options

barrymclark

I'm looking to spice up the soup a bit in the old honk box. I dig the sound of both Seths on or the neck one only, but the bridge only leaves me underwhelmed. When running bridge only, I prefer higher output like SD JB's.

Potential mismatch in pickups that could cause an issue? I know that the Jazz and JB is a popular combo. Just never heard of a Seth/JB combo.

Well, after some tweaking and working with the hollowbody sound and not fighting it, the Jet City has the gain tone I like. Now just back to fighting feedback. The 6120 will be easy because it is sealed and has a back panel that I can remove and load with foam. The Heritage...a bit more difficult. Has to go in through the f-holes and out the same way. You can feel the body vibrating wildly when it feeds back.

I love the Seth's neck pup, but I feel your pain with the shrill Seth bridge pup.

I think that a Lollar Imperial bridge pup would be great, and not a mis-match situation.

There are other pups I like better (ie Throbaks) if I was buying a set, but the Lollar imperial bridge pup is VERY VERY good!

Barry, I had a new SD Jazz bridge p'up lying around and decided to drop it in my 575 Blueburst. After raising/lowering/raising both pickups and twisting the tone pots, I was able to get a very nice balance from them both AND a decent (for an archtop) bridge tone. I generally do not play on the bridge p'up alone on archtops.

If you found your solution with a dirt pedal that's a good ending.

Archived