Heritage Owners Club

Motor City Amp Showcase March 10

Blunote

There's a lot of talented amplifier builders in Michigan. For those of you in SE Michigan, or those of you who can make it to the Detroit area, this could be a fun way to spend a Saturday.

419688_180783415365592_153047171472550_266412_243070203_n.jpg

I learn something new every time I go to one of these. When I go this year, it will only be the 4th time I've been to one. Free pop, pizza, chips. Really good players and real talented amp builders.

• 2 weeks later...

Heavens Yes! I haven't missed one yet. 'Twas a tad sparse this year but for $5 I more than got my money's worth. Where else can you interact with these guys???

Steiner, I might have seen you at the GDS/Guytron area. I remember seeing a couple of people that looked familiar but that I couldn't place.

I had a leather jacket and Mrs. Steiner with me. I wish I'd known, it would have been fun to say hi! I'll have to get you out for one of our HOC get-togethers once the temps warm up a tad.

I thought I spotted some familiar faces (maybe from pics at this site) but I'm often wrong about that. I hung almost the entire time with GDS/Guytron. Graydon's a friend and neighbor. Wish I could afford some of his higher end stuff. The Guytron amps are wired in a way that give you around 6 different switchable P2P amps in one box -plus a built in attenuator.

Be fun to meet up sometime.

I had a leather jacket and Mrs. Steiner with me. I wish I'd known, it would have been fun to say hi! I'll have to get you out for one of our HOC get-togethers once the temps warm up a tad.

Is Mrs Steiner oriental? If so, I remember you.

Is Mrs Steiner oriental? If so, I remember you.

She's about as white toast as they make. We'll meet this summer...

She's about as white toast as they make. We'll meet this summer...

Glad to hear that. The husband was pretty ugly. I was hopin' it wasn't you. :laughing7:

Glad to hear that. The husband was pretty ugly. I was hopin' it wasn't you. :laughing7:

You can always pick Steiner out in a crowd - he'll be the guy with a cigar and a glass of single malt scotch in hand

Sounds like a great show! I was out of town for the weekend, else I would have been present and acounted for (as a vistor, not as a vendor booth :) )

KBP810 - Next year we should display your amps and my cabs! It's a Fun day.

Archived