Heritage Owners Club

BBE Sonic Stomp Pedal

I searched this forum and didn't see anything for a BBE sonic maximizer. Hopefully I'm smart enough to figure out how to search these forums - my apologies if not.

Recently, though, I had the chance to test drive a BBE Sonic Maximizer stomp pedal and rather liked what it seemed to do for an archtop guitar. $100 - suffice it to say that I was tempted to "pull the trigger" - but didn't in part because it would be one more thing to lug around and set up. And, if I've gone this long without one, do I really "need" it? I'm up in the air and to that end, I'd be curious as to other people's thoughts about this little unit.

Cheers,

Bob

I've been using the BBE units for years starting with the very first unit the 264 all the way up to the current model the 882i (which I still use). I still have all 4 or 5 units and while I do find them useful in PA and stereo rigs I stopped using them in my guitar rigs years ago. I (and many others) find they tend to cause ear fatigue and always end up pulling them out of my guitar rigs after a short time.

I've been using the BBE units for years starting with the very first unit the 264 all the way up to the current model the 882i (which I still use). I still have all 4 or 5 units and while I do find them useful in PA and stereo rigs I stopped using them in my guitar rigs years ago. I (and many others) find they tend to cause ear fatigue and always end up pulling them out of my guitar rigs after a short time.

Ear fatigue? Hmmm. As I said, my experience with the unit was only at the store put'zing with the unit for several minutes. I certainly sensed a greater degree of "clarity" or even "cleanliness" in the notes and chords I was playing which I liked. I know you can 'dial-in' the level or amount of the effect and so I'm curious and would appreciate your thoughts as to how the BBE would be useful in a PA or stereo set up as opposed to a guitar. I'm not making (or perhaps appreciating) the difference I suspect you're trying to make. // Thanks

Archived