Heritage Owners Club

H150 v H150 Ultra ~ differences?

michaeljames

Is there any difference at all other than HRWs? Everything else, to me, appears to be the same ~

traps, rosewood board, no back binding, etc...

I am waiting on the RhoadsScholar Ultra (I didn't want the HRWs) and it looks virtually the same as my early production H150..

just curious. :glasses9:

it (the H150 ultra i'm waiting on) looks really sweet in the pics ~ but i couldn't say the top is any better looking than any other Heritage CM i've seen (i've owned a few). mind you, i don't give a rip ~ Heritage tops are premo (re: the 2 blondes that walked into the bar...)

Thanks Brent: the H150 (1988) which I think I got from you (?) has gold hardware + csb finish. Maybe I didn't get it from you. Ser# E30006

anyhow ~ that instrument has a better top than any R9 or R0 I have seen. i have owned several of each, and have seen many of each. they were beauties, but Heritage just consistantly puts out A++++ tops. it seems to me.

mj

it (the H150 ultra i'm waiting on) looks really sweet in the pics ~ but i couldn't say the top is any better looking than any other Heritage CM i've seen (i've owned a few). mind you, i don't give a rip ~ Heritage tops are premo (re: the 2 blondes that walked into the bar...)

Thanks Brent: the H150 (1988) which I think I got from you (?) has gold hardware + csb finish. Maybe I didn't get it from you. Ser# E30006

anyhow ~ that instrument has a better top than any R9 or R0 I have seen. i have owned several of each, and have seen many of each. they were beauties, but Heritage just consistantly puts out A++++ tops. it seems to me.

mj

You speak the Truth.

The Ultra designation at Heritage guarantees a premium top..... you may also get something special on a regular 150 also.

I agree with you, the quality of wood that Heritage uses is one of the major reasons that they are such an amazing value.

yep. the wood, and the fact that they are hand crafted, i believe, to a much larger degree than other usa mfgs <maybe hamer is close>. and i think the folks at Heritage give a 'hoot' about what they offer the enthusiast...using traditional guitar building skills and experience. i'm glad they're here.

mj

I have to agree that an ultra top really isnt much different than the standard 150's top. I had a 150 ultra in vintage sunburst and it was a beauty for sure but i too thought the top was like tha the standard 150's. The gold hardware and hrws seem to be the biggest difference to me.

It is the irony of the Ultra top... they pick one to make sure that you get a nice figured top, but on the regular 150 you may get that same type of top without paying extra .

The eastern maple that comes into the Heritage plant is of a consistantly high quality,it would be hard to find one that isn't beautifully figured.

DetroitBlues ~ I will post 'pichers' of the '88 H150 and the upcoming mid-2000s Ultra in about a week or so. The Ultra will have replaced RioGrande P90s, the H150 original as far as I know. FWIW ~ I A/Bd the '88 H150 against a '95 Ltd Ed Classic Premium Plus a few days ago. There just wasn't a comparison! And the run of Gibby CPPP were considered as good as R9s. In fact, the electronics cavity in mine is stamped with a '9'! I'll pic all 3 in about a week. The only 'G' les pauls I own are the '95' classic, a CS Jr, and a CS Special. :icon_thumleft:

Archived