Heritage Owners Club

to 1x12 or not to 1x12, that is the question

tsp17

So i dig my Raezer's Edge Stealth 10 cabinet, but i keep yearning for that open back 12 inch speaker sound that i got from my '65 Twin Reverb Reissue. I know, the Twin was 2x12 and i'll never replicate that sound with something else, but i keep thinking that an open back 1x12 will have a little more natural breath and space in the sound.

thoughts? Recommendations? What cab? Speaker? KBP?

I'm certainly a fan of the more air being pushed the better - but I'm not entirely sure how that logic stands up against the design of the Raezers edge cab.

Sorry, I might not be much help int he suggestion department this time :(

If I were to throw something out there though... I'd say something along the lines of a slightly larger cab, open backed, with a JBL D120 loaded in it.

Actually, the current wave of jazz guitarists seem to prefer the tighter bass from a 1x10.

I like the sound of my Heritage archtops through my Headstrong & Carr amps with a 1x12 configuration and I also like them through my '67 Vibrolux 2x10 configuration.

I would say if you don't have to modify the cab, then try the 1x12 and see if you like it!!! (but I personally wouldn't modify the cab to try it).

not thinking about modifying the cab, but adding a 1x12 cab to the stable. my 1x10 does have a very tight bass and i do like that. can't stand a flubby speaker.

I have 2 X Flite Sound Speakers that I use with my Evans AH200 head.

They don't make them any more but my speaker enclosure is 4X4.5".

It has a very unique sound and It stays tight a high volumes.

I also have 2 Evans JE200s each with 12" speakers.

I really like their sound with my Guild Blues 90 and my new Millie.

I prefer the AH200 head + 4x4.5" flight cab speaker with my 575.

I have a Lopo Line 1x12 convertible cabinet that I usually use open back. I prefer the open back to closed. I use a 12" Weber California speaker with the "H" dome, which is supposed to be warmer than the aluminum or paper domes. It's a great sounding combination. I've used it with Strats and archtops.

My Cavern Club is a 1x12 open back combo..Sounds HUGE!! The speaker is a Scumback, which is a spot on re-creation of a 60's era Celestion..KBP810 selected it for me, and I LOVE the way it sounds..

Archived