Heritage Owners Club

576 deal pending...

tsp17

Negotiating a deal on a 1993 576. Antique burst. From the pics it looks to be in very good to excellent shape. Am i correct that 576 is like a 575 with a floating center block, a little more sustain, leaning toward a 535 sound, a little more hollow than semi-hollow?

Pricing?

A 576 does not sound like a 535. A 576 will have a fuller, richer, deeper voice. There's a lot more air inside a 576, with the deeper body. I have both, but I don't have a 575, so I can't offer an A/B there. I suppose it would be accurate to suggest the 576 is, "...a little more hollow than semi-hollow." I think 576's sound great! I have Phat Cats in mine, and it's incredibly versatile! Rich and warm at the neck. It honks in middle position. And the bridge has a warm twang to it. Great for Rockabilly, jazz, blues, R&B comping. Terrific instruments! I gave $1500 for mine, maybe ten years ago, when it was ten years old. On the high side, but it was a 9.5+ out of 10. The going rate, when you can find them, is probably Between $1250 and $1500, for one in good to great shape. Mine came with Tone Pros hardware, too, so I saved on that. Fill us in, if you snag it, Tad.

Tad---best of luck w/ the purchase---I have a 574 that I love---has the floating block and is jazzer and a rocker--feedbak is not difficult to control in my experience. Likewise, I do not have a 575--but I do have a big body (17 x 3 5/8) hollowbody guild. The 576 is totally different than the guild in tone, playability, and just abt in every way. The 574 is a unique animal and for my part---i really love it. I hope it works out for you!

thx, the deal is almost done. sleeping on it. GC seller just closed for the night and we are $50 apart. i've been looking for something a little more "semi-hollow" in tone, but still a jazz player. i think this one might be it. 1993 576 Antique Burst, wood pick guard, all stock, proabably Schallers (right?). looks like it is in great shape. It is a Guitar Center so if i don't like it, return should be easy.

Did this one belong to anybody here?

by the way, i've heard it said that the 576 is basically Groovemaster with 2 pickups.

True?

Groovemaster is full hollow. Cutaway is more Venetian. G.master also has a trapeze tailpiece. Same scale and body dimensions,though.

Guest HRB853370

Very nice--yes, mine has Schallers---I think that they do a very nice job on the 574---BTW, I was told tht the 574 is a dressed down version of the 576...mine has a plastice pg and a vintage orange finish---it's like a good friend.

And the 550 is a combination of both, right??

After selling my vintage ES175 Gibson. ( I never liked the floating bridge anyway) I bought two Heritage Guitars which took care of the gap in my collection. My H576 and H574 are in a zone of their own, I also agree the H576 is a sweet fine sounding instrument. Play On : )

• 8 months later...

Archived