Heritage Owners Club

Heritage sighting at Calaway Winery in Temecula yesterday...

GuitArtMan

Anybody here? Sorry didn't get a chance to talk with whomever it was. We were running late on our wine tasting tour and the slow service at the restaurant had us all anxious to get moving. Looked to be a 575, going into a Boomerang looper (he'd lay down a rhythm on the looper and then solo over it) into a Polytone amp. Sounded good what little I heard.

temecula is in calif., between l.a. and s.d., a bit inland. i enjoyed callaway chenin blanc many moon ago!

I enjoyed Temecula. Cool town, nice location. I couldn't tell you who it was playing there but I;; bet you had fun.

Where is that???? You know what they say, it didn't happen unless you have pictures! :D

Temecula is about an hour north of San Diego heading towards Riverside/San Bernardino - inland. It has a microclimate that is good for growing grapes. There's a break in the costal mountains that lets the sea breezes blow though and so is cooler than other inland areas. There's probably a couple of dozen wineries in the area. A great way to kill an afternoon (or entire day) is to go up and do some wine tasting. Many of the wineries also have restaurants so you can have a nice meal, overlooking the vineyards, sip a nice wine while listening to some cool music! We tend to do the wine tasting about once or twice a year, though with as close as it is we could pop up for the afternoon just about anytime we feel like it.

Archived