Heritage Owners Club

NHD

DetroitBlues

I do the same - your guitar, your choice. Unless you have a playing style that will damage the top, why not show off that amazing maple? :)

I do keep the PG on my flame top Dot, but the Dot has a lot more realestate to show off than a solid body like th 150. But that's exactly it. I'm not a heavy strummer. My picking hand is usually anchored to the top, so my pick seldom reaches below to reach the body...

Took the strings, bridge, tailpiece, and pickups (didn't disconnect them) off to do a little cleaning. I polished up the body, used a little steel wool on the frets (after taping up the fret board from the steel wool), cleaned the fretboard, restrung it up (top wrapped), lowered the action, took a little steel wool to the grime on the pickup covers and tailpiece ( you can tell Chris logged some serious hours on it!), plugged her in and let it rip. I think I played for two hours straight. The guitar is so easy to play, it didn't notice the time. The neck is a lot more comfortable than my old 140. Also noticed the frets have very little wear on them too. The pickups are a great combination of what I liked on my old 140 and my Epi Dot. I really like the Seth Lover in the neck and the JB in the bridge. I tried to remove the pickup covers, but they are on there really good and I don't want to ruin them. Oh well. Still looks good an plays even better.

Archived