Heritage Owners Club

Need Help determining pups in 555 with gold colored switch ?

Jazzerous

I am buying a 2008' 555 with gold hardware and Almond SB looks like it has an ebony fretboard & has a gold switch for treble ? I read that if the switch has white with a black dot the original pups were HRW's . This is supposed to be stock and in excellent condition . Any help with the gold switch appreciated!!!

Thanks Mike

Sounds like a one off or the owner replaced the switch tip. The next time you change strings pull the pups.

HFB is correct: pulling the pickups is the only sure way. However, if the pickups have two adjustment screws per side that indicates Schallers, the pickup type that HRWs are based on.

Long time no speak, Mike :)

I sold my 535 a while back and missed it too much so had to fill the void!! This one was listed on a Craigslist in Boston area someone had a link on the Ebay side FS. The previous owner sent a request to Heritage and they said it had Seth lovers and rosewood board but looks like ebony in the pics ! I will post pics when I get it next week as I don't wantit shipping till Monday so it isn'tsittingover a weekend in this hot spell ! i was second in line to buy Thundersteels 555 so then I pursued this one !!

Thanks foe the help guys!

Cheers Mike

Archived