Heritage Owners Club

NGD, took a small leap of faith.

ridethatbike

I remember seeing a 150 that had that "custom made" plate on it at Elderly....

I remember seeing a Heritage Mandolin that had that "custom made" plaque inside the case. It's different from the one that Gibson uses, so I'm pretty sure the bigsby was a factory edition. The bushings for the stop tail are under the plate.

Well, I got to spend a couple of hours yesterday playing my new Heritage. It's terrific. I cannot believe how well the headstock was repaired. It looked like a fairly substantial crack, yet you could hardly tell it was there. Really impressive. The rest of the guitar is nearly in new shape. There is some pinky wear in two spots, but otherwise, I couldn't really see any wear.

I love the tone. I was a little concerned that there would be a lot of overlap between the Millie and my Dot, but they are very different animals. The Millie overlaps a bit on the overdriven Dot sound, but then goes beyond it into yummy saturation. It's super comfortable too, and I'm enjoying it immensely. The neck is slimmer than I thought it would be, but that isn't a bad thing. My Dot has a bit of a chunky neck (Don't tell her that).

All in all, I'm quite pleased. What a gorgeous guit! I'll snap some pics up later today, although Jay took some nice ones above.

Thanks to the forum for being my enablers.

I remember seeing a Heritage Mandolin that had that "custom made" plaque inside the case. It's different from the one that Gibson uses, so I'm pretty sure the bigsby was a factory edition. The bushings for the stop tail are under the plate.

Sort of reminds me of what SRV did to some of his guitars...

Archived