Heritage Owners Club

D.Y.I. H 150 headstock repair

brentrocks

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not going to do any kind of re-finishing on the back of the body or the headstock....if the headstock holds, it will be "beater" or "bastard child" if you will....

it will look good from the front and will burn the retinas out of your eyes when you flip it over :icon_smile:

I love that idea Brent, those battle scars look hard earned, no reason to hide them. Chicks dig scars right?

My father taught me to repair gun stocks in the same fashion.

Cool! I replaced the stock on one of my Marlins that I inherited from my grandfather, required a lot of shaping and sanding, never though to try to save the broken stock. I'ts a beautiful peice of mahagony though!

Gun stocks and stock repairs are probably right at the same price point as guitar necks and repairs, some very expensive woods sometimes used in guns.

Would Elmers Wood Glue work as well at Titebond glue?

Elmers used to be the standard for woodworking when I got started in the hobby in the 70's. I think titebond is a bit stronger. Not to hijack, but there's nothing but titebond holding this together:

4080656293_840f041965_b.jpg

Of course it doesn't have a flame maple top like Brents.......

Guest HRB853370

Elmers used to be the standard for woodworking when I got started in the hobby in the 70's. I think titebond is a bit stronger. Not to hijack, but there's nothing but titebond holding this together:

4080656293_840f041965_b.jpg

Of course it doesn't have a flame maple top like Brents.......

Thats a nice amp stand. Did you build it?

Archived