So far on the Goldtop...

- Cream Switch Ring

- Amber Switch Tip

- Gold Speed Knobs

- WCR Crossroad Neck Pickup

- WCR Darkburst Bridge Pickup

- Graph-it-all in the nut slots

- Schaller Strap Locks

Still to come...already have all this stuff, just have to find time.

- 18:1 Locking Grovers

- New Nut

- Fretboard condition and high fret polish

- Metal jack plate and switchcraft 1/4" jack

- 500K+ RS Superpots (Vol) and CTS 500k Tone pots

- Jensen PIO caps; .015uF neck, .022uF bridge

- 50's wiring scheme

- TonePros Locking TP studs (steel)

- Gotoh leightweight aluminum tailpiece

- Tonepros Locking Nashville bridge

- Sheptone Tribute PAF's with Nickel Covers (Alnico 5's)

- Standard LP Pickguard (triangle)

That would be Alnico II Pro's, hehehe.

But seriously, how do you like the locking Grovers?  Any issues with them?

THE GROVERS HOLD TUNE REALLY WELL, PERFECT RETRO FIT.......I LOVE THE ALNICO IIs ;D  AS WELL, A LOT NICER/WARMER TONE THAN THE EMGs

Well... I worked a lot on my H-150. I have changed the stock Schaller pickups for SD 59 in neck and Gibson 57 Plus in bridge and got them wired with push-pulls on volumes and tone pots for single coil and parallel coil switching. It is worth that if you you want an extra flexibility in tones yet it is your only axe. I also tried Grover locking tuners instead of factory Grover but had to to turn back to stock ones as far as locking were faking its chrome what i did not really like and were not the remedy for instability problems. Dunlop strap locks were installed by the first owner of my guitar. So far so good.

Hey bob,

Check out the duncan classic stacks or hot stacks for the single coils. I should have a better view of this next week, but basically sounds like it should (strat/tele pickup) and hum free. I can give you the tone report when the dc135 comes in, but the sounds off the duncan site and the PO's remarks on them have me pretty excited. Not sure what you have in there now, but the reviews I have heard say the stacks make the pickup output more balanced with the bridge humbuckers, silent and deadly (ask my wife about that)

d

I love to mod, but sadly I have no 150, I am considering new pups for my stat, s,s,h set up the hum is a duncan 59 that I will probably keep as I like it, any suggestions foe the mid/neck?

Sorry to be off the 150 topic here.

Antiquity Texas Hots is what you need.  Will makes the Stat sound like those of the the Texas guitarslingers. 

Think of Austin.  Think pure with a hint of edge..  Think a totally different sound than that of the '59's coming from the same guitar. 

Personally, I would swap the '59 for a Alnico II to be more balanced with these.

I love to mod, but sadly I have no 150, I am considering new pups for my stat, s,s,h set up the hum is a duncan 59 that I will probably keep as I like it, any suggestions foe the mid/neck?

What's the specs on your strat first off?  alder, ash, fretboard (maple/rw)?  appr. weight?

I'm not into HSS setups anymore, but 59's are aggressive to me, even for a LP.  I'm much more into low ouput PAF style humbuckers that are so much more toneful and articulate, they breath and have bloom and harmonics.  If a pickup is too strong/hot or potted, etc. , etc. you loose all that.

Anyway, there lot of excellent strat pickups out there and even more bad ones.  If your strat is alder, one setup that I will recommend that I'm sure you would be blown away with is to change your pckguard back to SSS and try a set of Fralins.  Vintage Hot (VH) neck and middle and a SP42 or SP43 (steel pole) in the bridge.  Amazing pickups! Are there better, sure, but these are pretty hard to beat.  I like the SP's better than many, many humbuckers I've heard in the strat bridge position.

Lollars, Sheptone, Fender CS 69's, Suhr FL's and V60LP's. Don Mare, Curtis Novak are all top choices.

There's a lot of comparison sound clips here:

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat_Picku...nd_Clips_W1.cfm

And here's a good video of what John Suhr's V60LP's sound like:

What's the specs on your strat first off?  alder, ash, fretboard (maple/rw)?  appr. weight?

I'm not into HSS setups anymore, but 59's are aggressive to me, even for a LP.  I'm much more into low ouput PAF style humbuckers that are so much more toneful and articulate, they breath and have bloom and harmonics.  If a pickup is too strong/hot or potted, etc. , etc. you loose all that.

Anyway, there lot of excellent strat pickups out there and even more bad ones.  If your strat is alder, one setup that I will recommend that I'm sure you would be blown away with is to change your pckguard back to SSS and try a set of Fralins.  Vintage Hot (VH) neck and middle and a SP42 or SP43 (steel pole) in the bridge.  Amazing pickups! Are there better, sure, but these are pretty hard to beat.  I like the SP's better than many, many humbuckers I've heard in the strat bridge position.

Lollars, Sheptone, Fender CS 69's, Suhr FL's and V60LP's. Don Mare, Curtis Novak are all top choices.

There's a lot of comparison sound clips here:

http://www.acmeguitarworks.com/Strat_Picku...nd_Clips_W1.cfm

And here's a good video of what John Suhr's V60LP's sound like:

jamison 162 not a strat, a stat, the heritage version, maple top, mahogany body and set neck, no pickguard..

sorry to highjack the thread.

stat dl 005.jpg

stat dl 005.jpg_thumb

Gold top 150 with Lollar p-90s

-amber tip toggle switch

-LP style pickguard

-cream input jack backplate

-rhythum/treble toggle circle backplate

- (and not shown in this pic) amber lampshade tone/volume knobs

I have said it before, am I bastardizing a Heritage for putting Gibby appointments? Hell no! Gibby is bastardizing the original K-zoo made Gibson by moving the company and not making their guitars like the original product.

width=318 height=480http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/jjkuz/_DSC2129web.jpg[/img]

I "modified" my Heritage to look like an original '56 LP (and since it is a Heritage, it looks and is made as close to an original '56 LP as possible)

Gold top 150 with Lollar p-90s

-amber tip toggle switch

-LP style pickguard

-cream input jack backplate

-rhythum/treble toggle circle backplate

- (and not shown in this pic) amber lampshade tone/volume knobs

I have said it before, am I bastardizing a Heritage for putting Gibby appointments? Hell no! Gibby is bastardizing the original K-zoo made Gibson by moving the company and not making their guitars like the original product.

width=318 height=480http://i240.photobucket.com/albums/ff205/jjkuz/_DSC2129web.jpg[/img]

I "modified" my Heritage to look like an original '56 LP (and since it is a Heritage, it looks and is made as close to an original '56 LP as possible)

Kuz .... not meaning to go off topic here, what colour are the back and sides on your goldtop ?

What I mean is, is the mahogany dark or bright ?

Kuz .... not meaning to go off topic here, what colour are the back and sides on your goldtop ?

What I mean is, is the mahogany dark or bright ?

Natural mahogany. I was told at the plant that because of the porius nature of mahogany they have to put some type of sealer/filler on it so it will be smooth, so this GT 150 is a little lighter. If you remember whe I first posted it, I thought it had some parts that were over sanded. Ren and the boys said that was just some if the filler.

As you know I have since bought a matching 150 GT with lollar imperials and they said they really searched for an incredible piece of mahogany for me. Boy, did they. I can't see any filler/sealer anywhere and it is a natural finish with less "bleachy" look.

I love them both. They both look identical (except for the humbuckers slightly better wood in the 2nd one). The second HB one is maybe 6-8oz lighter, but honestly I feel this p-90 one sounds better and has that "something". It may just be that the newer one needs to be broken in more, because it is an INCREDIBLE guitar as well.

Look at that thing!  How much beer does that guitar drink???     :occasion14:

Gotta love the "belly"!!! The lighting may have made it look more pronounced (same thing I tell my wife when she looks at my belly)>

Natural mahogany. I was told at the plant that because of the porius nature of mahogany they have to put some type of sealer/filler on it so it will be smooth, so this GT 150 is a little lighter. If you remember whe I first posted it, I thought it had some parts that were over sanded. Ren and the boys said that was just some if the filler.

As you know I have since bought a matching 150 GT with lollar imperials and they said they really searched for an incredible piece of mahogany for me. Boy, did they. I can't see any filler/sealer anywhere and it is a natural finish with less "bleachy" look.

I love them both. They both look identical (except for the humbuckers slightly better wood in the 2nd one). The second HB one is maybe 6-8oz lighter, but honestly I feel this p-90 one sounds better and has that "something". It may just be that the newer one needs to be broken in more, because it is an INCREDIBLE guitar as well.

Thanks for the response Kuz,

Mine's dark, forgot to post a pic....

width=360 height=480http://www.stoneagecustomcabinets.com/uploads/eric%20b%202x12c.JPG[/img]

Thanks jamison ...

I'm after a solid body Heritage and I really like the mahogany finish on the 150 /157 /137 ... I might go for a custom order.

OK, let's try this again (this interface kinda sux).

width=361 height=480http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/18rooster/guitar%20pics/GoldtopH150frontbody.jpg[/img]

width=360 height=480http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/18rooster/guitar%20pics/BlackH150frontbody.jpg[/img]

width=360 height=480http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t192/18rooster/guitar%20pics/SunburstH150frontbody.jpg[/img]

All 3 guitars have Bill Lawrence L-500L bridge pickups, the Black-and-Tan and the Sunburst have L-500C neck pickups, the Goldtop has L-495 neck pickup. They all have Sperzel locking tuners, they all have RS Superpots in the volume controls, all have Sprague Vitamin Q caps, and the Dimarzio knobs all go to 11. The Goldtop and the Sunburst have Stetsbar Classics. They all are equipped with Earvana nuts as well.

rooster.

how do you like the stetsbar.

oh and 11, is that fornthe push over the clif.... ;D ;D

I like the Stetsbars quite a bit. Like any tremolo, the setup is critical for keeping it in tune; however, with a good nut setup and a good bridge setup, and graphtech bridge saddles, it comes back within a couple cents. Not as rock-solid as a Floyd, but I'd take a Stetsbar any day of the week. The tone is great, you get just a touch extra "shimmer" on the high end, and it's not "boingy" at all like a Floyd. FAR better than a Bigsby, but as I said, the initial setup is critical -- you gotta be a pretty good guitar tech to set it up right.

As for the 11, that's one more, innit?

rooster.

Archived