Heritage Owners Club

New Tim Pedal Day

tsp17

I was out of town this weekend (saw some great music in Chicago), but when I got home this afternoon there was a package waiting. Tim!

I only got a few minutes with it before I had to leave for a gig. But in those few minutes I could tell...this one has some serious mojo.

I considered putting it on the board for tonight's show, but decided better to wait until I get to know it. My guess is that it will be there for Thursday night gig. I can't wait to dig in with it tomorrow after work.

Will report.

I have a Timmy and my friend has two Tims and a Timmy. They are very transparent overdrives. In other words, your guitar still sounds like itself. The biggest strength of these pedals is for rock rhythm guitar. Not as good for leads.

People here may not know that Paul Cochrane who designed the Tim/Timmy also worked on the Heritage amps.

Paul is the designer, chief builder, bottle washer for Heritage amps. Shawn Purcell here was one of the build & test crew.

Tim/Timmy is a must-have hereabouts. jazzy friend of mine went on tour of Japan, took his guitar and his Tim pedal. that was all he needed.

I had a timmy. It sounded like good quality. Its one I dont feel 100% right about selling. I think I didnt give it a fair trial. It arrived with a bunch of others and they were immediate gratification and obvious in what they did.

The timmy was very understated in its effect but added some kind of good quality feel and sound to my set up.

Im pretty certain you will get good milage out of it with the style of music you are doing.

Was all fired up to Tim last night. Decided to put on some new strings (it was time anyway) first, do a couple of minor set up adjustments, and have some fun. Well, two frustrating hours later, I botched the set up, snapped a string, and had to call it quits for the night. Guitar is in the shop for set up correction.

Was all fired up to Tim last night. Decided to put on some new strings (it was time anyway) first, do a couple of minor set up adjustments, and have some fun. Well, two frustrating hours later, I botched the set up, snapped a string, and had to call it quits for the night. Guitar is in the shop for set up correction.

Who do you have do your set ups?

Guest HRB853370

I was out of town this weekend (saw some great music in Chicago), but when I got home this afternoon there was a package waiting. Tim!

I only got a few minutes with it before I had to leave for a gig. But in those few minutes I could tell...this one has some serious mojo.

I considered putting it on the board for tonight's show, but decided better to wait until I get to know it. My guess is that it will be there for Thursday night gig. I can't wait to dig in with it tomorrow after work.

Will report.

Congratulations Tim, on your new pedal. I hope to make it a new Will (slammer) pedal day soon too!!!!

Who do you have do your set ups?

Fred at Repair Zone. Great guy, super guitar tech. Most of the pro jazz players i know go to him. Please tell him I (Tad) sent you.

proof is in the performance. i brought my guitar to him at 10 a.m. yesterday morning, told him the story and explained that i have a gig thursday night. His shop is very busy, but at 3:00 p.m. yesterday he called me and said it was done. he found a spare flatwound G to match my new set so i didn't have to burn a brand new set of strings, fixed my set up errors and i am good to go. Fees are very reasonable for the quality and quick turnaround he provides.

Fred at Repair Zone. Great guy, super guitar tech. Most of the pro jazz players i know go to him. Please tell him I (Tad) sent you.

proof is in the performance. i brought my guitar to him at 10 a.m. yesterday morning, told him the story and explained that i have a gig thursday night. His shop is very busy, but at 3:00 p.m. yesterday he called me and said it was done. he found a spare flatwound G to match my new set so i didn't have to burn a brand new set of strings, fixed my set up errors and i am good to go. Fees are very reasonable for the quality and quick turnaround he provides.

Fred is the nicest guy on the planet, but every time he does a set up for me the guitar buzzes like crazy. I was going to recommend Jim Crawford (you could reach him through Super Sound Music) but I heard he's left the area. Luckily, all my guitars don't need set ups so I'm good to go!

Spent some time with Tim last night and have not quite been able to get what I want. It is a terrific pedal, but so far I have not found the right settings. Might be too much pedal for me, but I'll keep at it a while. I have heard this story with Tim before, that you've got to invest the time to get it right for you, so I am hoping that Tim and I will bond over time. This pedal has a lot to offer.

Yep. I think I just have not found the right combination of settings for me. It is a great sounding pedal though.

it may very well be it's not for you. Paul has said that himself (he's the ultimate non-hype-ist). but maybe these'll help show you what it can do (assuming you haven't seen these yet:

1st, the start of a 4-part review by Jack Zucker (who's been here on HOC) -

2nd (or 5th, if you've seen Jack's comprehensive parts), Greg V runs an SG through a Timmy (same as Tim but w/o FX loop & additional boost function) -

By George (or Tim), I think I've got it! I needed to dial down the gain and up the volume. Nice warm toasted marshmallow tone! Creamy and pure warm goodness on the inside (just hot enough) with a nice brown toasty soft ectoskin.

Good choice, that Tim. I have two. They've outlasted every other clean boost and low/medium gain pedal I've tried, which is many. For what I do, just about perfect. The gain knob on mine never goes below 9 oclock, never above 12 oclock. Bass at noon and treble at 9 oclock. I keep meaning to step on that second level boost but never get to it. The basic sound with this pedal on is so good, I never play without it.

MD

I've been looking for an overdrive pedal. Something to give me the sound of a tube amp just starting to clip. Those nice warm overtones and a bit of sustain. No distortion/fuzz wanted.

The video demos of the Tim & Timmy (Timmmyyy!) sound a bit bright to me. Two others I've been looking at are the Hermida Zendrive 2 and the Wampler Euphoria. Has anyone tried these, done any comparisons?

Thanks,

Mr B

I've been looking for an overdrive pedal. Something to give me the sound of a tube amp just starting to clip. Those nice warm overtones and a bit of sustain. No distortion/fuzz wanted.

The video demos of the Tim & Timmy (Timmmyyy!) sound a bit bright to me. Two others I've been looking at are the Hermida Zendrive 2 and the Wampler Euphoria. Has anyone tried these, done any comparisons?

Thanks,

Mr B

From your description, the ZenDrive might be the ticket for you.

I've always wanted to try a Tim or Timmy, but between the Zen, TS808 and TurboTubeScreamer, I'm set for dirt pedals.

From your description, the ZenDrive might be the ticket for you.

I've always wanted to try a Tim or Timmy, but between the Zen, TS808 and TurboTubeScreamer, I'm set for dirt pedals.

Also try the Fuchs Plush Drive and Plush Valve Job.

I have the Valve Job and will probably keep it as it does just what you've described. The Tim is a little more edgy. I am going to play with it for a while, and the decide whether to keep or sell.

Gitfiddler & tsp17,

Thanks!

ZenDrive 2 is up there on my list. The ZenDrive(1) sounds a bit harsh.

Never noticed the two Fuchs, so I just checked them out on u-tube. They sound good in the demos, the Valve Job seems a bit warmer.

Dang, now I have more to choose from. Difficult without trying them in person...

Mr B

Gitfiddler & tsp17,

Thanks!

ZenDrive 2 is up there on my list. The ZenDrive(1) sounds a bit harsh.

Never noticed the two Fuchs, so I just checked them out on u-tube. They sound good in the demos, the Valve Job seems a bit warmer.

Dang, now I have more to choose from. Difficult without trying them in person...

Mr B

I chose the Valve Job for that reason.

Archived