Heritage Owners Club

I Finally Caught my White Whale!

squawken

Well guys I did it.  I bought the white 157 on ebay tonight!  I have been looking for a white one for about 8 months now.  This will be my 3rd heritage.  Do I dare call myself Brent Jr.? :wink:  And I know... :this_thread_is_useless_withou  As soon as I get it!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ken,

Thats rather exciting! If it's anything like Alicia's white 157 it must be gorgeous! We'll need a family pic, as well, you know. It ought to set well with the "other" brands you have. 3 Heritage, but how many P's, F's and G's?  8)

Ken,

Thats rather exciting! If it's anything like Alicia's white 157 it must be gorgeous! We'll need a family pic, as well, you know. It ought to set well with the "other" brands you have. 3 Heritage, but how many P's, F's and G's?  8)

Kenny

2 PRS, no F's-yet, no G's either.  One Epi, one ESP, one Aria Pro, and one really old beat up hollowbody electric.  Nice problem to have, but I'm not sure if I can fit them all into a picture anymore!

I almost placed a last second bid on that one. A white 157 is pretty much my dream Heritage. The only thing that kept me from bidding was that it had all the Schaller hardware on it. But I must admit it does look like a bee-yoo-tee, enjoy! Just for curiosity's sake, was your original bid higher than the opening bid?

I almost placed a last second bid on that one. A white 157 is pretty much my dream Heritage. The only thing that kept me from bidding was that it had all the Schaller hardware on it. But I must admit it does look like a bee-yoo-tee, enjoy! Just for curiosity's sake, was your original bid higher than the opening bid?

Nope.  That was my only bid.  I also got $100 off from e-bay from one of their promotions.  I will keep my eye out for another white 157.  I can relate.  There is the other white 157 sitting on e-bay for $1,500, but I question a lot of things on that one.  He said it is brand new, and been sitting in his store for YEARS.  The veneer crack at the base of the neck also scared me.  But he was very responsive to questions, and had a decent return policy.  But again, I looked at that one back in December!

Nope.  That was my only bid.  I also got $100 off from e-bay from one of their promotions.  I will keep my eye out for another white 157.  I can relate.  There is the other white 157 sitting on e-bay for $1,500, but I question a lot of things on that one.  He said it is brand new, and been sitting in his store for YEARS.  The veneer crack at the base of the neck also scared me.  But he was very responsive to questions, and had a decent return policy.  But again, I looked at that one back in December!
Yeah, that other white one has been around for a while, I did consider it at one point. But again, like with the one you won it came down to the Schaller stuff. Not that it's bad, it's just that I prefer the more vintage style. And I know I'd also want to swap the buckers out too. At this point, I'm going to make sure that the next one I buy has all the stuff I want already on it. I'm thinking that when the money gods smile upon me, I'll just order one from the guys in K-Zoo. I might even get a white one with 3 pickups. Oh well, maybee someday.  :sad10:

Yeah, that other white one has been around for a while, I did consider it at one point. But again, like with the one you won it came down to the Schaller stuff. Not that it's bad, it's just that I prefer the more vintage style. And I know I'd also want to swap the buckers out too. At this point, I'm going to make sure that the next one I buy has all the stuff I want already on it. I'm thinking that when the money gods smile upon me, I'll just order one from the guys in K-Zoo. I might even get a white one with 3 pickups. Oh well, maybee someday.  :sad10:

Good luck, and I will still keep my eye out for ya!

Congrats, and let me recommend that you start working on your shoulder exercises now.  You're gonna need it.  ;D

My 157 Black Beauty is a 10 lb. beast, and the best purchase I've made in years.  I put Duncan Distortions in mine, and I can effortlessly get that John Sykes creamy high-gain sound.  I've got a bunch of nice guitars, but the 157 is my weapon of choice now.

I love white or cream LP Customs, too, but I don't like the black binding on the Heritages.  Down the road, I may also be getting a three-pickup 157 with some interesting switching options, but I'd go for some unusual stuff like fancier inlays and trans-violet finish over flame.

I got the white whale today.  The neck feels great!  It plays very well.  Strangely enough, I believe my 150 is heavier.  The only drawback, and I'm not sure if I should make a big deal or not, is that the pups are Schallers, not 59's as the seller represented.  It's a little dirtier, and ever so slightly less bottom end than my 150 which has 59's.  But I do like how it plays.  What do you guys think?  I probably wouldn't have bought it, or offered less, had I known, but I am quickly getting attached to it.  Anyway, here are some pics.

P7250001.JPG

P7250001.JPG_thumb

P7250002.JPG

P7250002.JPG_thumb

P7250004.JPG

P7250004.JPG_thumb

Ken,

Don't know if there's a $200 dif, but there should be some $$s back for the wrong pickups. Bummer about that! Otherwise, a great looking guitar! Which one your other toys has the '59s? From what I can see in the pics all of the surrounds have double screws. Thought that always indicated Schaller. ???

Ken,

Don't know if there's a $200 dif, but there should be some $$s back for the wrong pickups. Bummer about that! Otherwise, a great looking guitar! Which one your other toys has the '59s? From what I can see in the pics all of the surrounds have double screws. Thought that always indicated Schaller. ???

The 150 on the left has 59's.  The 140 on the right has Schallers.  Depending on how you look at it (that is assuming I get a little kickback), this could be fun.  I would like to put some pups in there that make it sound different from my other two Heritages.  Rio Grande, Alnicos, etc?  I'm looking for something a little more aggressive, but not too far out of the realm of being able to play classic hard rock (Thin Lizzy type).

Well, you can't go wrong with Thin Lizzy, thats' for sure!! If you want, I've got a RioGrande Muy Grande bridge and a RioGrande Tallboy Twangbucker Neck that I'd be willing to send you. See if you like them or not. They're black, uncovered. The MG is a full size HB. The TallBoy TB is a strange beast. It's a tad bit smaller than the MG. Still fits a bucker hole, tho'. And has the most wonderful warm tones. Not sure why they call it a Twangbucker.??? They came on my Stambaugh Custom Tele. Both are 5 wire with lots of length left. I'd port them off to you to try if you're interested.

Well, you can't go wrong with Thin Lizzy, thats' for sure!! If you want, I've got a RioGrande Muy Grande bridge and a RioGrande Tallboy Twangbucker Neck that I'd be willing to send you. See if you like them or not. They're black, uncovered. The MG is a full size HB. The TallBoy TB is a strange beast. It's a tad bit smaller than the MG. Still fits a bucker hole, tho'. And has the most wonderful warm tones. Not sure why they call it a Twangbucker.??? They came on my Stambaugh Custom Tele. Both are 5 wire with lots of length left. I'd port them off to you to try if you're interested.

Thanks kenny, but I think I want to keep gold hardware on this one. I usually don't care , but this one seems different.  Tell me though, any difference between the Muy Grande and the barbecue?  I had been looking at a Barbecue/Texas combo, but had only clips on their website, not in real-life.

The MuyGrande has two oversized slugs for both coils. No screws. The idea was that it would be a true single coil when only one slug was engaged. But like most HBs, it didn't do the SC thing very well. Now that TallBoy Twangbucker - that baby does SC or HB equally well. Weird little pickup. Have never played or knowingly heard the BBQ set. Anyway, good luck on the pup'ness with the new 157. If you could, you should do before/after clips! That would rock!!

Archived