Heritage Owners Club

New Guitar Day

y2kc

Nice - I was in the proto room with you when Ren got Kenny on the phone for you. And now you've your new guitar. Fantastic. And a '54 LP amp sounds like just the other half to make it shine. Congratulations!

Thanks, it was a smooth build from start to finish. I played all three of my H-125's today and the new one is outstanding. No tweaking needed and it plays wonderfully. The Seth Lovers are nasty and articulate. Not dark on this guitar as I have heard some describe them. The ebony board might be helping there.

I will try to post pictures soon. It does exist.

y2kc

Guest HRB853370
I Really think it came out nice. I sent a new drawing to Ken Rambow and after that it was out of my hands. While it was being built, I received some great photo's from Mr. Rambow of guitars he has built on his own based on the H-125 shape. The guy does great work so I was not worried. The guitar came out better than I had imagined. They really did a nice job. I am really impressed.

This guitar has a more traditional cut away than the previous H-125's and is a tad sleeker. I have two older H-125's and this one is a whole different animal. All the H-125's I have seen have varied slightly and this is no exception. They let me do what I wanted and this is what I came up with. This one is mine!

Y2kc

Oh these 125's are readily available in every pawnshop, right?

:icon_scratch:

The red one looks like a link between a LP Special and SG. Is it a similar depth to an SG?[/quote

The new red H-125 has a thickness not unlike the H-137 . The Maple guitar is a tad thinner and the black one is more like a sg's thickness.

The black one also has a thinner neck and is the oldest. All the same model, all made by the same people. Not everyone's cup of tea, just something straight to point and simple.

One of my favorite guitars is my '64 sg jr and I almost ordered this with p-90's. I am saving my pennies as we speak for the next one with Lollars.

Y2kc

Nice Trio!

Thanks guy's . It was a fun process and one that resulted in a great playing H-125. The ebony board and inlayed headstock turn the plain jane design into a real stunner. All three guitars play like they should.

The Seth Lovers are very authentic sounding and the playability is perfect for me.

Another thing that I changed on this new H-125 was the router bit radius around the edge. This is a tighter radius . Even that is different on all three guitar.

Kenny Rambow did a great job on this body. He sent me full size drawings of two H-125 bodies to start from. I ended up tracing my black one and started the minor changes from there. I took in a line here and there and sent my drawing back to Kenny. He picked up a single piece of mahogany for the body from Heritage, made a template from my drawing and a couple of days later it was done. The folks at Heritage then jumped on it and turned it into this beautiful screamer.

There is a prototype of the H-125 at Heritage that is quite heavy but all three of my guitars are very comfortable. The new H125 is balanced perfectly and I can't imagine it being over 8 pounds.

They have a great deal of respect for Mr. Rambow as a player and builder. This build would not have happened without that respect. It also would have not happened without this forum. The Guy's at Heritage respect this forum as well and are very happy we are here talking about these great guitars they build.

Speaking of guitars they build, the "stock" rack at the factory was full of absolutely gorgeous guitars. There is a H-150 with the laminated maple deluxe type neck that I tried to sneak out but Bill caught me. Damn that Bill. There are some great light lemon type burst's and and just about everything to make a guitar nuts like us go crazy. I had to get out of there, I was getting dizzy.

I have the day off so I guess I will have time to try the new H-125 through some different amps. I am looking forward to shaking the house with my Sovtec Mig 50 with a 2-12 bottom. That amp is strange but it does a plexi/bassman

thing like no other. If you are in the Chicago area or just driving through, open or roll down your window and listen for the power of the H-125. My house is the one with the roof getting blown off!

y2kc

Congratulations on your new H-125! I can appreciate a guitar a little outside the box, and it looks like you've found your special model. Plus, to make things interesting, you now own three that are just a little different from each other. Way to go.

Archived