Heritage Owners Club

I got to play a 550 today!

barrymclark

It was only briefly, but I got play a P serial H550 in ASB today.

I was out looking for strings and there were a couple of people playing acoustics as I was talking to one of the guys tending the counter. One of them overheard me asking about Tomastik-Infield strings and suggested I look for George Benson sets. He said I could try his guitar which were strung up with them. Out came a Heritage case. :)

Anyways, cool story. Good sounding guitar even if not plugged up. :)

Infidel, alright, got it.

No slam on foreign made strings, but I would much rather stick with American manufactured brands such as GHS or D'Addario.

+1; Or Dean Markley.

+1; Or Dean Markley.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

Doesn't matter to me. I currently use US made D'Addario Chromes but, like all things for me, as soon as I come across something I like better.... "So long, D'Addario" regardless of where it is made. I'm an ardent capitalist and unapologetic consumer firm in my belief that a company needs to be more than simply American for my business. They must be superior in the way I define it. Sometimes those superior companies are American and sometimes not. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to keep the money domestic but it is up to the manufacturer to make something I prefer to the other guy.

Not to divert the thread, but next to Cocco (which I can't get a reliable supply of), or Thomastik-Infelds (which are a bit pricey for a bar band like mine), I have found that I'm happiest with Curt Mangan strings. One of the very, very few small manufacturers of quality strings, they are not made by the "big 3", he has his own equipment in Colorado. Great sound, great feel, and reasonably priced. I see no downsides to his product, and am sick of the quality of the big manufacturers slipping. The only string breakage I've had in the last few years was a set of D'Addarios that lost 3 in one gig. They were put on 6 hours before the show. I'm not affiliated with Mangan, I just like his product a LOT.

rooster.

Not to divert the thread, but next to Cocco (which I can't get a reliable supply of), or Thomastik-Infelds (which are a bit pricey for a bar band like mine), I have found that I'm happiest with Curt Mangan strings. One of the very, very few small manufacturers of quality strings, they are not made by the "big 3", he has his own equipment in Colorado. Great sound, great feel, and reasonably priced. I see no downsides to his product, and am sick of the quality of the big manufacturers slipping. The only string breakage I've had in the last few years was a set of D'Addarios that lost 3 in one gig. They were put on 6 hours before the show. I'm not affiliated with Mangan, I just like his product a LOT.

rooster.

Just checked the site. No flats. There is a category for it, but nothing in there.

" . . . I'm an ardent capitalist and unapologetic consumer firm in my belief that a company needs to be more than simply American for my business. They must be superior in the way I define it. Sometimes those superior companies are American and sometimes not. Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer to keep the money domestic but it is up to the manufacturer to make something I prefer to the other guy."

Oh yes, the product must be well made along with being made in America. Examples: Heritage Guitars and GHS Strings.

Oh yes, the product must be well made along with being made in America. Examples: Heritage Guitars and GHS Strings.

By superior, I don't just mean well made. It has to be pleasing to me in someway desirable. That rules in a few Heritage models but rules out GHS strings in general. They aren't bad... just don't care for the packs I have tried over the years. Can't say why, but have always been cool them. D'Addarios I have always been decently pleased with and consistently so. I'd use GHS in a pinch with no complaint but wouldn't seek them out. D'Addarios I would seek out. Tomastiks I would seek out based on my history with them. I just have to figure if the price difference is justified, to me, for any difference in appreciation.

Archived