Heritage Owners Club

Thank you Amazon! New Amp on the way

gpuma

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370
How is this amp voiced - is it Marshallesque or more of a Fender sound?

• Boutique-Style 5-Watt Class-A Valve Amplifier Combo with Reverb and Power Attenuator

Authentic preamp design from the '60s featuring 1 x 12AX7 valve - everything from purring blues to mind-blowing crunch

Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control

Vintage Equalizer with dedicated Tone control

Built-in 2-way Power Attenuator allows you to get ultimate sound at any volume

• Boutique-Style 5-Watt Class-A Valve Amplifier Combo with Reverb and Power Attenuator
  • Authentic preamp design from the '60s featuring 1 x 12AX7 valve - everything from purring blues to mind-blowing crunch
  • Integrated high-class reverb with dedicated Reverb control
  • Vintage Equalizer with dedicated Tone control
  • Built-in 2-way Power Attenuator allows you to get ultimate sound at any volume

copy and paste, right?

What do they mean Boutique style? Ultimate sound? mind blowing crunch?

You get reverb and a dedicated reverb control. They thought of everything.

:) Mind blowing crunch......be careful out there. You only get one shot with a power chord, use it wisely.

Guest HRB853370
copy and paste, right?

What do they mean Boutique style? Ultimate sound? mind blowing crunch?

You get reverb and a dedicated reverb control. They thought of everything.

:) Mind blowing crunch......be careful out there. You only get one shot with a power chord, use it wisely.

Mind blowing crunch after half a tab...........

Guest HRB853370

How is this amp voiced - is it Marshallesque or more of a Fender sound?

The compact Bugera V5 Tube Guitar Combo runs on 1 power and 1 preamp tube and is all dressed up in classic 2-tone vinyl. The 5W amplifier's bone-simple controls give the Bugera V5 the look of a carefully constructed nostalgia trip. In fact, in many ways, it is! But plug into this beautiful little 8" combo amp and you'll not only find a sound that's caked in real vintage raunch, but you'll also have modern features that take this sound to places it couldn't go—until now.

Rock music brings to mind amplifiers as big as skyscrapers, dishing out irreversible ear damage at ruthless volumes. But a studio secret among guitar greats is that little low-watt valve combos like the V5 can be maxed out for red-hot overdriven tone without blowing fuses or incurring any property damage.

The Bugera V5 is a living, breathing homage to those half-pint screamers of the past, but with 2 very important improvements. See, this amp may be small, but 5W in Valvesville is still loud as hell when it's sitting in your bedroom. That's why the V5 combo amp features a switchable power attenuator —to reduce the amplitude of the signal without changing its sound—so you can run it at 5, 1, or 0.1 watts.

Finding a headphone out jack on an all-valve guitar amp is incredibly rare because the integration requires loading the output transformer and filtering the signal for a loudspeaker simulation. (Translation: it's a real pain in the patoot!) But true to form, Bugera has gone the extra mile to make late night practicing possible. Just plug a pair of headphones into the 1/4" phones jack on the back panel, and you're ready to keep the V5's all-valve sound all to yourself.

Then again, if it's more volume you need, the Bugera V5 amp has a 1/4" Speaker Out jack to connect an additional speaker with a minimum impedance of 4 Ohms.

This dangerous dandy also features the same studio-caliber digital reverb found in bigger Bugera amplifiers. The spring reverb found in the V5 amp's post-war predecessors sounds lovely, but is delicate and expensive to repair. This modern V5 update gives you an equally mesmerizing vintage reverb sound without the wallet-draining vintage amp's lack of reliability.

With a Bugera V5 Tube Combo amp in your home or studio, your tonal woes are over. The V5 brings the true sound of an antique 5W valve amp. It's built to survive abuse, and its price tag is tons lighter than the ones you'll find tied to its elders. Adopt a Bugera V5 tube combo amp today and get ready to pack 60 years of sonic inspiration into your recording or practice sessions.

The compact Bugera V5 Tube Guitar Combo runs on 1 power and 1 preamp tube and is all dressed up in classic 2-tone vinyl. The 5W amplifier's bone-simple controls give the Bugera V5 the look of a carefully constructed nostalgia trip. In fact, in many ways, it is! But plug into this beautiful little 8" combo amp and you'll not only find a sound that's caked in real vintage raunch, but you'll also have modern features that take this sound to places it couldn't go—until now.

Rock music brings to mind amplifiers as big as skyscrapers, dishing out irreversible ear damage at ruthless volumes. But a studio secret among guitar greats is that little low-watt valve combos like the V5 can be maxed out for red-hot overdriven tone without blowing fuses or incurring any property damage.

The Bugera V5 is a living, breathing homage to those half-pint screamers of the past, but with 2 very important improvements. See, this amp may be small, but 5W in Valvesville is still loud as hell when it's sitting in your bedroom. That's why the V5 combo amp features a switchable power attenuator —to reduce the amplitude of the signal without changing its sound—so you can run it at 5, 1, or 0.1 watts.

Finding a headphone out jack on an all-valve guitar amp is incredibly rare because the integration requires loading the output transformer and filtering the signal for a loudspeaker simulation. (Translation: it's a real pain in the patoot!) But true to form, Bugera has gone the extra mile to make late night practicing possible. Just plug a pair of headphones into the 1/4" phones jack on the back panel, and you're ready to keep the V5's all-valve sound all to yourself.

Then again, if it's more volume you need, the Bugera V5 amp has a 1/4" Speaker Out jack to connect an additional speaker with a minimum impedance of 4 Ohms.

This dangerous dandy also features the same studio-caliber digital reverb found in bigger Bugera amplifiers. The spring reverb found in the V5 amp's post-war predecessors sounds lovely, but is delicate and expensive to repair. This modern V5 update gives you an equally mesmerizing vintage reverb sound without the wallet-draining vintage amp's lack of reliability.

With a Bugera V5 Tube Combo amp in your home or studio, your tonal woes are over. The V5 brings the true sound of an antique 5W valve amp. It's built to survive abuse, and its price tag is tons lighter than the ones you'll find tied to its elders. Adopt a Bugera V5 tube combo amp today and get ready to pack 60 years of sonic inspiration into your recording or practice sessions.

LOL!!!!!..... :D

http://www.guitarcenter.com/Bugera-V5-5W-1x8-Tube-Guitar-Combo-Amp-105653901-i1470778.gc

so reading that, they are clearly alluding to a 5F1 (Fender Champ). Just a note, the Bugera tubes are known to be somewhat inconsistent Based on this reputation I immediately retubed my V22 with JJ/Tesla's and was very pleased. Removed some of the "glassiness' from the driven sound and maintained the cleans. The V22 is a completely different amp....but it uses 12AX7/ECC83's, and I'm assuming they source consistently across the line. May want to consider spending another $20.00 on a pair of tubes just for insurance. (assuming you don't already have a few laying around)

A nice little champ clone with a headphone jack and 'verb for 140.00 sounds like a wonderful thing! I hope these work out for everyone!

Guest HRB853370

So now also GC is selling it at 150.

What a great thing competition is!

Plus sales tax. They wont negotiate on that! So figure on adding $12-$15 more.

Guest HRB853370

so reading that, they are clearly alluding to a 5F1 (Fender Champ). Just a note, the Bugera tubes are known to be somewhat inconsistent Based on this reputation I immediately retubed my V22 with JJ/Tesla's and was very pleased. Removed some of the "glassiness' from the driven sound and maintained the cleans. The V22 is a completely different amp....but it uses 12AX7/ECC83's, and I'm assuming they source consistently across the line. May want to consider spending another $20.00 on a pair of tubes just for insurance. (assuming you don't already have a few laying around)

A nice little champ clone with a headphone jack and 'verb for 140.00 sounds like a wonderful thing! I hope these work out for everyone!

Is the Champ an 8" speaker too Kip? What about just using the stock tubes till they go south then replace them with better tubes?

An old school 5F1/champ was indeed an 8" speaker. As far as waiting for them to go south...absolutely. that's why I suggested it as "insurance", rather than "best to replace the tubes right away". You've got a gaggle of tube amps in the house, slammer, so you probably have a few 12AX7's kicking around, no?

I want to add that in my case the tubes weren't given a chance to fail...or succeed. I just retubed. they may well have lasted for quite some time with no issues.

Guest HRB853370

An old school 5F1/champ was indeed an 8" speaker. As far as waiting for them to go south...absolutely. that's why I suggested it as "insurance", rather than "best to replace the tubes right away". You've got a gaggle of tube amps in the house, slammer, so you probably have a few 12AX7's kicking around, no?

I want to add that in my case the tubes weren't given a chance to fail...or succeed. I just retubed. they may well have lasted for quite some time with no issues.

All my spare tubes are installed in amps!

Guest HRB853370

mine is at home waiting for me. I have a business dinner tonight GRRRRRRR

My Bugera was supposed to be here today, but it didnt get delivered. Oh well. Fill me in on a tone report Gio!

Guest HRB853370

I doubt I'll be able to. Just got out of the dinner. Probably I will not be able to try it out at all

At least you had a nice dinner out!

I played it for about 10 mins; first impressions (subject to change):

It looks really nice, they changed the power light from blue to orange, the knobs have a smooth feeling (even though they are not high end knobs but more like cheap plastic ones albeit nice looking) and the overall impression is of a solid build. It does not look or feel as a cheap amp (maybe with the exception of the knobs). Much heavier than I though at about 10 Kg (22 lb)

It is really loud, even at the 0.1 W setting it still has a more that a decent volume if you go all the way to 10. Not for the bedroom as they say.

I had the feeling of a good tonal response, and the distortion is really sweet from the tube break up all the way to the max. I also had a good impression of touch sensitivity, especially when you get yourself right at the tube break up.

I tried one of these today; like Gio said, quite heavy, and not exactly bedroom volume! The reverb would be nice to have on my Silverface Champ. While the knobs felt flimsy, the padded handle felt quality made. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the Fender Mustang series for practice use; they can sound VERY large without being loud at all. I hope you guys end up liking yours; the price was certainly fair.

Guest HRB853370

I tried one of these today; like Gio said, quite heavy, and not exactly bedroom volume! The reverb would be nice to have on my Silverface Champ. While the knobs felt flimsy, the padded handle felt quality made. I guess I'm still in the honeymoon phase with the Fender Mustang series for practice use; they can sound VERY large without being loud at all. I hope you guys end up liking yours; the price was certainly fair.

Still waiting for the brown truck........

Archived