Heritage Owners Club

Thank you Amazon! New Amp on the way

gpuma

You could change out the knobs right? Mine should be here today. Glide, did you get yours?

Not yet, it looks like I ordered mine 45 minutes after Gio posted here. That said my ship date is April 17th through May. Don't know if I want to wait that long. Been thinking about canceling the order and using the $ towards a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest HRB853370

Not yet, it looks like I ordered mine 45 minutes after Gio posted here. That said my ship date is April 17th through May. Don't know if I want to wait that long. Been thinking about canceling the order and using the $ towards a Fender Deluxe Reverb.

I just noticed the same thing Todd. I am calling Amazon today. There is an option to change shipping to 3 day standard, but it doesnt tell me what the upcharge is before I click the confirm button. I wil report back. 3 months is just ridiculous.

I am not equipped very well for a demo clip so I just write down few comments.

So far I played my Stat and my Little One through it.

The amp shows a very good response to humbackers, split humbackers and single coils. The sound is rich with harmonics and at about 6 or 7 of the gain potentiometer you get a really sweet spot for Blues with a lot of touch sensitivity (going from some moderate crunch to a sweet hum).

Pushing the tubes harder you get a very appealing distortion, still full of harmonics content.

The tone control, while simplistic does its job reasonably well and it has a linear response.

The 8" speaker carries lower frequencies nicely and the sound is rich and round at all volume levels.

The reverb is digital but IMHO sounds very nice and it is very linearly modulated by the control.

I think overall this amp compares with higher priced units, offering a great sound and some unique features that more expensive amps in the same power range do not offer, such as reverb, power attenuator and headphones out.

The headphones sound is not that great, however especially at higher volumes.

It also features an external speaker output (4 Ohm)

Overall I think it is a great alternative to something like a VOX AC4, for example, for considerably less money

Guest HRB853370

Ok, so I called GC corporate (the local GC did not have it in stock) and they priced matched the $134.99 but could not waive off the sales tax of $8.00 because it is illegal of there is a store in the state you live in. So, they threw in this to close the deal...........valued at $9.99 on sale.

post-2130-0-38759400-1360427705_thumb.jpg

Ok, so I called GC corporate (the local GC did not have it in stock) and they priced matched the $134.99 but could not waive off the sales tax of $8.00 because it is illegal of there is a store in the state you live in. So, they threw in this to close the deal...........valued at $9.99 on sale.

So I picked mine up last night at GC for $134.99 and at first they weren't going to do the 5% lower price I questioned it and they gave it to me, total cost $135.95. Kinda funny what we go through to save $7.00 more dollars....... For a little amp with a few options it KICKS #SS! Gio I noticed you said your Jewel is orange mine is blue..... Thanks again Gio for posting!

Guest HRB853370

So I picked mine up last night at GC for $134.99 and at first they weren't going to do the 5% lower price I questioned it and they gave it to me, total cost $135.95. Kinda funny what we go through to save $7.00 more dollars....... For a little amp with a few options it KICKS #SS! Gio I noticed you said your Jewel is orange mine is blue..... Thanks again Gio for posting!

Then I get an email from them 5 minutes later that the amp is on indefinite backorder. Screw this, I cancelled the GC deal on line. I can wait for Amazon to ship the amp slowboat from China.

Good stuff Will!

Ok I didn't see your last post.

It is going to take some time apparently... Sorry.

Todd all the pics I have seen are with a blue light. I have seen a rating on amazon talking about the orange light. Blue or orange doesn't make any difference to me.

Todd all the pics I have seen are with a blue light. I have seen a rating on amazon talking about the orange light. Blue or orange doesn't make any difference to me.

Ah yes, but I've heard the one with the blue light has better tone.

Me either, just throwing it out there.

I heard they're special!!!! If I remember right they're called blue light specials. Even though they arrive on a donkey's back. :icon_smile:

You are right! The blue light special! As a matter of fact those are sold only at K-mart

Got this amp from Amazon back in December - $128.99 (incl. s&h)

Great little amp... nice cleans !

Heavy due to PB construction, would rather see pine or such, but for <$150 who cares..??

Vintage look w/ chicken head knobs and Amber Jewel.

No need to attenuate, turn vol. all the way up, gain halfway and tone where you want it, then regulate using the guitar's volume.

Can really push the Class A circuitry, ran a 1X12 cab with it and it was great. Prob. not good for gigging for anything but solo.

First one blew a tube in the 1st three weeks, so just returned it to Amazon who sent a replacement out the same day along with a U-print UPS return label - the two passed each other en-route minimizing my delay to 3 days.

Amp responds well to EL84 tube swaps. Didn't like the JJ EL844 (low Power), but the JJ EL84/6BQ5 had a nice tone. Wanna try Tungram EL84/6BQ5 as well as a Marshall tube.

Reverb is handy, but not true spring reverb... wonder what adding a tank would do..??

Headphone feature is nice and almost unheard of on a Tube Amp.

Responds well to an OCD pedal !

Lots & Lots of Warm Tube Sound for the Do-Re-Me.. !!

cheers!

Jim

Guest HRB853370

Got this amp from Amazon back in December - $128.99 (incl. s&h)

Great little amp... nice cleans !

Heavy due to PB construction, would rather see pine or such, but for <$150 who cares..??

Vintage look w/ chicken head knobs and Amber Jewel.

No need to attenuate, turn vol. all the way up, gain halfway and tone where you want it, then regulate using the guitar's volume.

Can really push the Class A circuitry, ran a 1X12 cab with it and it was great. Prob. not good for gigging for anything but solo.

First one blew a tube in the 1st three weeks, so just returned it to Amazon who sent a replacement out the same day along with a U-print UPS return label - the two passed each other en-route minimizing my delay to 3 days.

Amp responds well to EL84 tube swaps. Didn't like the JJ EL844 (low Power), but the JJ EL84/6BQ5 had a nice tone. Wanna try Tungram EL84/6BQ5 as well as a Marshall tube.

Reverb is handy, but not true spring reverb... wonder what adding a tank would do..??

Headphone feature is nice and almost unheard of on a Tube Amp.

Responds well to an OCD pedal !

Lots & Lots of Warm Tube Sound for the Do-Re-Me.. !!

cheers!

Jim

How did you get it so cheap!!??

How did you get it so cheap!!??

Just what Amazon was advertizing at the time...

cheers!

Jim

Archived