Heritage Owners Club

Heritage version of a ?

gnappi

Let me start by saying I am NOT being critical of anyone here in this forum or of Heritage or other guitar brand owners. I have Heritage branded guitars, and several others and I like them all, or they'd be sold if not.

So, my question is... When does Heritage get to stand on their own? Without a "for the money"... or "compared to a (X brand here)" or "compared to Brand X model number" ?

We're talking 60+ years of anatomically sorting out what works for us and what does not as far as physical design goes, and other than silly coffin / arrow / wedge shaped curiosities there are few mysteries in the general state guitars from the few general shapes that work to passive electronics. While a Florentine or Venetian cutaway are nice choices available, in reality they're like custom hubcaps on a car, best viewed by others not using it :-) PUPS? Sheesh, even GIBSON is cloning their 50's / Glory year pups with "re-issues" Talk about identity crisis?

Anyway...

Where Heritage (to me) stands out beyond other brands is what appears to be a search for what's aesthetically pleasing to us (wood pickguards, exotic finishes, woods etc.), special orders and perhaps even a change up now and again in pickups available. All wrapped in in quality craftsmanship made in the USA without the burden of bloated price point of old companies who have top heavy costs.

So if I tell someone I have a Heritage and they say "I never heard of it" Rather than say it's like a Gibson model xyz I just say, "Gee, that's too bad" !!!

Maybe that's good sales slogan on a poster of two guys chatting... Guy one says "I have a Heritage!" Guy 2 says "I never heard of that brand" Guy one replies "Gee that's too bad you should look into them" And give the URL of the corporate site, AND this one :-)

I say Bravo Heritage, carry on!

When I tell someone I have a Heritage (insert model here) and I get the ol', I never heard of it routine, (which doesn't happen as often as one might think) I usually put forth a comparison by mentioning a make and model which the person is already familiar with but finishing with "but better", or something like that. Then I would proceed to describe in as much detail as I can get away with why the Heritage whatever is far superior to the Gibson whatever (for example) and then of course provide references to as many as three different online resources for additional Heritage Guitar information.

I always speak of Heritage guitars from a perspective of them being vastly superior to their low quality look-alikes which are typically made in Tennessee, and I also mention that they just happen to be significantly less expensive because one doesn't have to pay extra for an over-hyped brand name.

Guest HRB853370
Let me start by saying I am NOT being critical of anyone here in this forum or of Heritage or other guitar brand owners. I have Heritage branded guitars, and several others and I like them all, or they'd be sold if not.

So, my question is... When does Heritage get to stand on their own? Without a "for the money"... or "compared to a (X brand here)" or "compared to Brand X model number" ?

We're talking 60+ years of anatomically sorting out what works for us and what does not as far as physical design goes, and other than silly coffin / arrow / wedge shaped curiosities there are few mysteries in the general state guitars from the few general shapes that work to passive electronics. While a Florentine or Venetian cutaway are nice choices available, in reality they're like custom hubcaps on a car, best viewed by others not using it :-) PUPS? Sheesh, even GIBSON is cloning their 50's / Glory year pups with "re-issues" Talk about identity crisis?

Anyway...

Where Heritage (to me) stands out beyond other brands is what appears to be a search for what's aesthetically pleasing to us (wood pickguards, exotic finishes, woods etc.), special orders and perhaps even a change up now and again in pickups available. All wrapped in in quality craftsmanship made in the USA without the burden of bloated price point of old companies who have top heavy costs.

So if I tell someone I have a Heritage and they say "I never heard of it" Rather than say it's like a Gibson model xyz I just say, "Gee, that's too bad" !!!

Maybe that's good sales slogan on a poster of two guys chatting... Guy one says "I have a Heritage!" Guy 2 says "I never heard of that brand" Guy one replies "Gee that's too bad you should look into them" And give the URL of the corporate site, AND this one :-)

I say Bravo Heritage, carry on!

They have been standing on their own for over two decades. They do things their own way, and don't give a flip what anybody else thinks about them. At the end of the day, they know that they produce some of the finest guitars in the world. So for those that have not "heard" of Heritage, they must not be very into guitars or are not guitar afficionados. I have yet to meet an accomplished guitar player who has said to me they never have heard of Heritage. The usual response is, yeah, sure have, but never have owned one yet!

Archived