Heritage Owners Club

Isn't this an H150 with dots

pcovers

Seller on eBay is calling this a 140:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130852649463&ssPageName=ADME:B:SS:US:1123

I see it has an old style bridge. The original 140 design was a sharp cutaway, which was changed to a soft, 150 style cutaway I am thinking about 8 years ago. I have never seen even one H140 with the old style bridge. I always thought the bridge change came before the H140 2nd Edition (soft cutaway).

I think he is confusing that is has dots instead of blocks as differentiating a 140 from a 150. Just doesn't look like a 2nd ed H140. Thoughts? did the bridge change precede the 2nd edition H140?

i agree ~ i once had a 150P ~ all black ~ poplar ~ it sounded great with the original schallers, bridge and tailpiece.

fwiw my opinion would be to go for a used H150 with mahogany back, maple top, trap inlays for about $50 bucks more ~ unless you're in a hurry to buy and need a gold top right away. :laughing4:

You certainly would not be dissapointed with the H150P!

The all over gold finish = 150P

150P were solid colours only, never seen a burst, natural or trans finish 150P, probably because poplar doesn't have the appearance or grain for it.

I am under the impression that my H150 Special is a poplar body with a maple top.

Seen here, this is a very light VSB (Vintage SunBurst).

http://img801.imageshack.us/img801/1998/h150spcl1.jpg

The body thickness would be the giveaway .... the 150 Special sits in between the 150 and the 150P. The 150 is 2" thick at the rim.

The H150 Special and the H150P are not the same thing?

My guitar has a 1 3/4 inch rim measurement.

The thinner body is noticeably more comfortable for me but may not be as noticeable for someone else.

The thinner body is noticeably more comfortable for me but may not be as noticeable for someone else.

The 150 Special has a maple cap, while my understanding is that the 150P doesn't. Here's my 150 Special. The pickups have since been changed to Seymour Duncan P-Rails. making it a very versatile guitar.

148720_101446973262434_2346668_n.jpg

74807_101446983262433_6352637_n.jpg

No, not the same thing. There were three different models, don't know if they were all produced at the same time, the 150, the 150 Special and the 150P.

The 150P was all poplar no maple cap, the thinnest of the three. The "standard" 150 is 2" thick at the rim, with the 150 Special being thinner and the 150P the thinnest. The difference between each model was about 1/4" at the rim.

No, not the same thing. There were three different models, don't know if they were all produced at the same time, the 150, the 150 Special and the 150P.

The 150P was all poplar no maple cap, the thinnest of the three. The "standard" 150 is 2" thick at the rim, with the 150 Special being thinner and the 150P the thinnest. The difference between each model was about 1/4" at the rim.

Oh wow, that's cool. I would have never guessed they would have made an all poplar body.

Long before I had learned about the H150 Special, I had it on my mind to get a Les Paul style guitar with a maple top and a poplar body. Then one day very unexpectantly, the one I have now crossed my path and I jumped at it immediately. I'm very happy with it and I like the dots. The bridge on mine hasn't been upgraded like Bird's and Bobmeyrick's so it looks a little cheap like an Epiphone bridge but it works.

One of the guys at PSP5 cautioned me that the poplar body is softer and so it is easier to gouge up than mahogany so I'm being extra careful with it since the guitar is still in mint condition.

I wouldn't mind having another one but I've got a couple standard H150's on my GAS list and maybe another H157. And either a 535 or a Roy Clark model. And a Millie. And an H110. hahahaha

Archived