Heritage Owners Club

Don't you just hate it...

DetroitBlues

When you are selling a piece of gear, and when the other guys plays it, it sounds freaking awesome? Took my Blues Jr into Blues Airmen Guitars in Garden City. The guy working there just tore it up, sounded just awesome. He was just playing a Epiphone Les Paul 100, but the amp sounded killer. Why do they sound so much better on carpet?

Two things;

1. We're always our own worst critic.

2. I am reminded of the video of David Grissom's talk at a PRS event when he asked for a volunteer to play something with him. A gent came up from the audience and promptly ripped off his "show off piece" for the crowd and sounded just awesome. DG's response was, "we're not going to get fancy." and showed the guy a completely basic rhythm part to play. The volunteer couldn't keep a simple rhythm for what DG asked him up to do. When I saw that, I dug my metronome out of a box and now it practices with me all the time.

3. (who's counting) We're always our own worst critic.

I hate it when amps sound different from room to room! It drives me crazy. Lately I started bringing out a little voltage regulator

and that helped quite a bit as I found the voltages were different from place to place (including my studio!!!).

This is what I'm talking about, and we tested it with a variac and multimeter and it did a righteous job of holding the voltage

steady!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009RA60/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_1

Everybody makes my equipment sound better, cuz I suck!! LOL

X2, for sure!! When I brought my FB Jr in for a few mods, my amp tech made that thing scream! It sounded fantastic.

Also, I think it's a good idea to experiment with all the tone/vol pots both on your amp and your guitars. You can coax a lot of different sounds of your equipment.

When you are selling a piece of gear, and when the other guys plays it, it sounds freaking awesome? Took my Blues Jr into Blues Airmen Guitars in Garden City. The guy working there just tore it up, sounded just awesome. He was just playing a Epiphone Les Paul 100, but the amp sounded killer. Why do they sound so much better on carpet?

I couldn't definitively answer why they sound so much better on carpet except I imagine the carpet might drink up some of the highs and maybe you're left with a woolier or fatter sound?

Btw, if you decided to keep the FB Jr., you could tell your wife that it's your backup amp. Because, afterall, you're a professional musician now, and you need backup!

I couldn't definitively answer why they sound so much better on carpet except I imagine the carpet might drink up some of the highs and maybe you're left with a woolier or fatter sound?

Btw, if you decided to keep the FB Jr., you could tell your wife that it's your backup amp. Because, afterall, you're a professional musician now, and you need backup!

If was sipping on a drink right now, I might of spat it out in the screen... Professional? Best joke of the night! But thank you!

Last year, Blunote bought my orange KBP RD. when I had it upstairs on the carpet, it sounded killer. Again, there must be something about the sound damping on a rug....

Guest HRB853370

I thought your BJ always sounded awesome to you. Think the other guy maybe had more guitar talent?

Guest HRB853370

If I kept it, I'd have to explain to my wife about the SuperSonic...

Well then just explain it to her and just suck it up. Oh, wait, I forgot who wears the pants..............LOL

Guest HRB853370

I hate it when amps sound different from room to room! It drives me crazy. Lately I started bringing out a little voltage regulator

and that helped quite a bit as I found the voltages were different from place to place (including my studio!!!).

This is what I'm talking about, and we tested it with a variac and multimeter and it did a righteous job of holding the voltage

steady!

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00009RA60/ref=pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_SC_dp_1

Dude, I used to sell 2 channel STEREO (yeah, remember that term?) gear in the 70's I used to tell my customers, "take these speakers home and try them in YOUR room before you buy them". Most appreciated my advice. I may have lost some sales, but gained more customers in the long run. Your point is well taken.

Guest HRB853370

If was sipping on a drink right now, I might of spat it out in the screen... Professional? Best joke of the night! But thank you!

Last year, Blunote bought my orange KBP RD. when I had it upstairs on the carpet, it sounded killer. Again, there must be something about the sound damping on a rug....

PROFESSIONAL=SOMEONE WHO GETS PAID FOR WHAT HE DOES.

Unless you play for free DB, which I doubt, you are a professional. I was a professional drummer ( and still am ) for over 35 year. Yeah, I am old.

DB,

A few years ago Harry Reinhart (Haley Reinhart- american idol, her dad) came over to my house to sing christmas songs to my 85 year old mom, don't ask. He then took one of my vintage G&L's with him to a gig and played the pants off of it all night long. I had never heard that guitar sound so good . He played more notes through it in the first set than I had played in ten years. It kills ya to hear guys play your own stuff and make it sound ten times better than you do. Hang in there, practice and just don't let it get you down.

Lets get together at the next psp and play the blues,

y2kc

DB,

A few years ago Harry Reinhart (Haley Reinhart- american idol, her dad) came over to my house to sing christmas songs to my 85 year old mom, don't ask. He then took one of my vintage G&L's with him to a gig and played the pants off of it all night long. I had never heard that guitar sound so good . He played more notes through it in the first set than I had played in ten years. It kills ya to hear guys play your own stuff and make it sound ten times better than you do. Hang in there, practice and just don't let it get you down.

Lets get together at the next psp and play the blues,

y2kc

Sounds like a plan!

Archived