Heritage Owners Club

The Buffalo has returned.

we had one of those amps in our jamspace and I hated the thing!!

different strokes for different folks I guess, congrats on the acquisition :icon_salut:

There is also the 5150II and I don't like that one at all. But, yeah, to each their own for sure. I mean, there are absolute classic amps that everyone seems to love and adore but me. haha.

Guest HRB853370

The one I have was made by Peavey in 1993. The EVH III is the first model under Fender and they are made in Vietnam. The 5150 (still made as the 6505 model) and 5150II (still made as the 6505+ model) were made by Peavey in the US. Can't speak to their marketing and support.

Glad you snagged a MIA one, rather than that imported stuff Fender is putting out. Did you get this at Music Go Round in Atlanta by chance?

As far as reliability goes, well its Peavey, 'nuff said!

Glad you snagged a MIA one, rather than that imported stuff Fender is putting out. Did you get this at Music Go Round in Atlanta by chance?

As far as reliability goes, well its Peavey, 'nuff said!

getting one of the old Peavey models was always the goal. This for a project for a friend who jacked up his liver. A bunch of old high school friends getting together. I had to sell a number of things to cover the cab but this had a sort of moral priority. We had always talked of getting together but touring and work always got in the way. Always figured we had more time. Then one of us got sick. So, we are all over this. :) A friend gave me his cheapy solid body for free for this and fixing it up for this.

Guest HRB853370

getting one of the old Peavey models was always the goal. This for a project for a friend who jacked up his liver. A bunch of old high school friends getting together. I had to sell a number of things to cover the cab but this had a sort of moral priority. We had always talked of getting together but touring and work always got in the way. Always figured we had more time. Then one of us got sick. So, we are all over this. :) A friend gave me his cheapy solid body for free for this and fixing it up for this.

He jacked up his liver? You mean it was his own doing?

Archived