Heritage Owners Club

Encourage me... Dissuade me...

JAM

You tried it and liked it? What more needs to be said? On a side note, I've dealt with Peavey stuff for nearly 25 years. Their American made stuff? Ultra solid, super reliable, great price point, never really amazing sounding but great tone per dollar. They do make stuff in China now. I'm unfamiliar with those products but I'd watch it. It totally disassociates the company. Schwinn or Ralph Lauren was killer once. They're joke trash now. I fear that for any company producing overseas and putting their name on foreign made products they have little QC over. That being said, I have Peavey stuff that is 30 years old that I still rely on and trust completely.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And back in the day I loved my bass players Classic 30. He always tore me apart when he plugged his strat into it and went blues virtuoso.

And back in the day I loved my bass players Classic 30. He always tore me apart when he plugged his strat into it and went blues virtuoso.

The Delta Blues is always on my short list when I've been looking for an amp. Seems like a great value to me.

Horace

The stock tubes they ship them with are pretty average. They fail quite a lot. Thats about it really. Peavey Classic series amps are no more prone to fail than any other amp and better than some.

They have a brassy mid that cant be dialed out and that is either a good thing or a bad thing.

Over here they have a 5yr warranty. They dont seem to need it. Thats always the way.

I had a Peavey Valveking 212 in the mid-70s and it had tube rattle, but what a great sounding rock amp when overdriven. I never played it above 2. I don't recall how many watts - maybe 100. Overkill.

Guest HRB853370

Let me re-clariify so as not to rub somebody wrong on this thread. The Classic tube series is made in the USA. That would include the Delta Blues as well. I wouldn't buy a Chinese made Peavey model.........

Guest HRB853370

Good bang for the buck on this one. Buy American, not Chinese.

Right. My PV Rage158 is very low end-and USA made!

OK... I'm in the Club !

Ordered a Peavey Delta Blues 115 + optional footswitch today to be delivered after I return from New Orleans the first week of May.

I was just going to wait until I returned to order it, but found that Peavey is dragging their feet on orders promising the earliest possible shipping after May 30.

The current Delta Blues will be discontinued and a new Delta Blues II will begin shipping in June or July. There is currently no information on what changes will be made to the 'new' model. But it's been my experience in researching Amps that the later models or re-issues are rarely as good as the originals. Plus, those who get the 1st release Delta Blues II are going to be effectively Beta testing it for Peavey.

The Hush on new features had me uncomfortably thinking that perhaps it will be foreign made or such, so I went ahead and got the current model.

It appears that Peavey will not be discounting the 'old' model to sell-off remaining stock, preferring instead to cut production now so that there isn't a warehouse of these left over once the new model appears.

If you're thinking of getting one, I'd look into it soon.

cheers!

Jim

OK... I'm in the Club !

Ordered a Peavey Delta Blues 115 + optional footswitch today to be delivered after I return from New Orleans the first week of May.

I was just going to wait until I returned to order it, but found that Peavey is dragging their feet on orders promising the earliest possible shipping after May 30.

The current Delta Blues will be discontinued and a new Delta Blues II will begin shipping in June or July. There is currently no information on what changes will be made to the 'new' model. But it's been my experience in researching Amps that the later models or re-issues are rarely as good as the originals. Plus, those who get the 1st release Delta Blues II are going to be effectively Beta testing it for Peavey.

The Hush on new features had me uncomfortably thinking that perhaps it will be foreign made or such, so I went ahead and got the current model.

It appears that Peavey will not be discounting the 'old' model to sell-off remaining stock, preferring instead to cut production now so that there isn't a warehouse of these left over once the new model appears.

If you're thinking of getting one, I'd look into it soon.

cheers!

Jim

Good move, Jim. While I doubt Peavey will have an off shore built Delta Blues, no one really knows for sure. One thing is certain however, the latest DB 15 is one of their best amps. It's been improved many times over the last 10 years and covers a lot of ground. Give us a review after yours arrives, please.

Guest HRB853370

Hey, how come nobody gives the Delta Blues 210 any kudos?? I am ready for a challenge. Bring yours to PSP, Jam, and lets let em have it out!

Hey, how come nobody gives the Delta Blues 210 any kudos?? I am ready for a challenge. Bring yours to PSP, Jam, and lets let em have it out!

You know, I seriously considered the 210, so I'm not dissing it at all.

Also own a 60th anniversary Fender Princeton Chorus which is 2X10, and I like the sound... but my Bugera V5 with it's single 8" speaker sounds much better.

I realize that this is an apples-oranges comparison - 2X10 vs. 8", SS vs. Class A Tube etc., but I guess I didn't really see much difference in getting another 2X10.

Play a lot of accoustic Blues and thought the 15" might be a better fit than the 2X10.

I hope I made the right choice... we'll see.

Cheers!

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Jim - did you end up getting this Delta Blues 115? I'm looking at the same amp on Craigslist at $325 and looks like a good buy. Other option for me is a Fender Blues Jr. Limited - about $100 more. Like both in that they're tube driven pre and post and have reverb / trem features.

My last option is a guy I work with has taken up amp building with his buddy and he keeps talking me back to a custom job along the lines of an early Fender - but no reverb or other features.

My rig is a Blues Driver pedal, H-555 and H-150.

Thanks!

My C 30 is my main gigging amp..As far as I know, the Classic and Delta series are still made in Mississippi..

Jim - did you end up getting this Delta Blues 115? I'm looking at the same amp on Craigslist at $325 and looks like a good buy. Other option for me is a Fender Blues Jr. Limited - about $100 more. Like both in that they're tube driven pre and post and have reverb / trem features.

My last option is a guy I work with has taken up amp building with his buddy and he keeps talking me back to a custom job along the lines of an early Fender - but no reverb or other features.

My rig is a Blues Driver pedal, H-555 and H-150.

Thanks!

BobN,

I did purchase the Delta Blues 115 but delayed delivery as I am in New Orleans until the 5th.

Shipping confirmation is supposed to come to me on the 30th, which will time it's delivery to me no earlier than the 6th.

So by this time next week, I should have it !

Laissez the bon temps roulez !!

Jim

Guest HRB853370

BobN,

I did purchase the Delta Blues 115 but delayed delivery as I am in New Orleans until the 5th.

Shipping confirmation is supposed to come to me on the 30th, which will time it's delivery to me no earlier than the 6th.

So by this time next week, I should have it !

Laissez the bon temps roulez !!

Jim

Laissez the bon temps roulez !! Minnesota speak?

Laissez the bon temps roulez !! Minnesota speak?

New Orleans speak for 'Let the Good Times Roll.. !!'

cheers!

Jim

JAM. are you down there for the Jazz festival? I am watching the Nevilles right now in AXS TV, just finish seeing The Mavericks.

The Mavericks did a killer version of "All you ever do is Bring Me Down". Looks like a good time to me!

I was down there for 2 weeks, incl. the 1st weekend of JazzFest... just returned at 5pm tonite.

Amazing time !

Saw the Nevilles on Tues. nite at Harrah's Theatre - a Star-studded benefit for Alain Toussaint's 75th B'day - The Neville Bros., Elvis Costello, Dr. John, Irma Thomas, Jon Cleary and many others.

Also, saw him at JazzFest last Sat.

Someone you never tire of.

Cheers!

Jim

Whew hoo.. !!!

The doorbell rang about an hour ago and it was Mr. Brown Pants with my new Peavey Delta Blues 115 Amp !!

Bless the place I bought it for throwing in complimentary Saturday delivery !!

This thing is SWEET !!

Real spring tank reverb and optical tremelo w/ super intensity and all the speed you could ever want. The 15" Blue Marvel speaker sounds so full, great lows and very good highs (and it's not 'broken in' yet - gonna get even better).

It certainly has 'gigging power', I can't turn it past 5 on the clean or I'm gonna crack plaster!

The drive channel works pretty well, but I preferred the clean channel w/ an OCD for great crunch. Accepts pedal well w/ either channel.

My Tele sounds better through it than any of my other amps. The 535 sounds more lively. And it truly excels with my accoustics - one a passive Epiphone AJ, the other an active Ovation. My Epi wouldn't play through my other amps w/o runaway distortion, but sounds great through the DB.

I had also looked at the Classic 30, but decided on the Delta Blues which is actually a Classic 30 w/ the 15" Blue Marvel. I think I made the right choice.

1 hour is too short a time for a complete review, but so far, I love this thing. My other amps are going to get some serious rest time !

Cheers!

Jim

Excellent! I happen to have some nice old stock 15's, they are fantastic if well chosen by make and model. That amp will girth up a fair amount overall at lower volumes after a good 50 hour burn/breakin period, especially if it gets some gig volume time or has at (less than loud volume) bass or baritone guitar played through it. An amp with the kind of top end detail that this speaker can apparently do might benefit from the careful selection of old stock tubes, used...especially if it came with Sovteks in the preamp.

Excellent! I happen to have some nice old stock 15's, they are fantastic if well chosen by make and model. That amp will girth up a fair amount overall at lower volumes after a good 50 hour burn/breakin period, especially if it gets some gig volume time or has at (less than loud volume) bass or baritone guitar played through it. An amp with the kind of top end detail that this speaker can apparently do might benefit from the careful selection of old stock tubes, used...especially if it came with Sovteks in the preamp.

Thanks for the advice, I'll keep it in mind !

The pre-amp tubes are 'Ruby' while the power tubes are JJ.

It sounds good, but honestly I'm too 'new' to really know...

Comments/Suggestions..??

TIA !

Cheers!

Jim

Guest HRB853370

Whew hoo.. !!!

The doorbell rang about an hour ago and it was Mr. Brown Pants with my new Peavey Delta Blues 115 Amp !!

Bless the place I bought it for throwing in complimentary Saturday delivery !!

This thing is SWEET !!

Real spring tank reverb and optical tremelo w/ super intensity and all the speed you could ever want. The 15" Blue Marvel speaker sounds so full, great lows and very good highs (and it's not 'broken in' yet - gonna get even better).

It certainly has 'gigging power', I can't turn it past 5 on the clean or I'm gonna crack plaster!

The drive channel works pretty well, but I preferred the clean channel w/ an OCD for great crunch. Accepts pedal well w/ either channel.

My Tele sounds better through it than any of my other amps. The 535 sounds more lively. And it truly excels with my accoustics - one a passive Epiphone AJ, the other an active Ovation. My Epi wouldn't play through my other amps w/o runaway distortion, but sounds great through the DB.

I had also looked at the Classic 30, but decided on the Delta Blues which is actually a Classic 30 w/ the 15" Blue Marvel. I think I made the right choice.

1 hour is too short a time for a complete review, but so far, I love this thing. My other amps are going to get some serious rest time !

Cheers!

Jim

I told you, I told you, I told you it would be good. But the 2x10 version is a little better, ha ha, I am biased of course, more punchy, tighter low end. Glad you are happy with it. Like I said, I told you, I told you....btw, what is Jazzfest?

Archived