Heritage Owners Club

Has anyone played the new 2008 H 137?

shook494

I was wondering if anyone has played one and how the P 90's sound?  I am saving for a new Heritage to go with my old H 150.  I really like the look of the Korina ones at Wolfe Guitars.  I went to look at some the other day in Vegas, but sadly the store I went to quit carrying Heritage!  Ed Roman's store is here and he still has a few in stock but his prices are CRAZY!  Plus every time I've been in his store they make me feel very inferior.  Does anyone happen to know the prices of the H 137, or even a new H 150?  Thanks. Shook

I know.  I went in there when he moved to town.  I've been here for 16 years now and when he came to town he made a big scene.  All the local shops basically went under because of his media blitz and he hired all of there top people.  We had quite a few very good shops here and he pretty much ran them out of town.  If it makes you feel any better, his store has been getting progressively smaller over the past few years ;D

This is my old guitar.  I traded it for a Heritage acoustic.  This is a good price and it is one sweet guitar.  It is a chainsaw, wide open, rocker.  I had the Bigsby put on.  If you can deal with one pickup and the chunky neck it is for you. 

Here is a link.  http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/heritage.html

width=600 height=461http://www.buffalobrosguitars.com/images27000-27999/ugb27533-heritageh137/1.jpg[/img]

If it's any help I got a price on a new lefty 157 about 6 weeks ago, it was just under $2000 with a 2-3 month build time.

Under $2k for a 157? I would say that's a good price!

I have the second H-137 made that I bought from Jay at Christmas time 2005 if memory serves me right.  I can't remember exactly what I paid, but it was well under $2k then.  As far as tone, it has tone for days!  The Lollar P90s sound great clean, crunch or scream.  The guitar feels solid as heck, yet is lightweight and resonant.  It probably has the best clean sustain of any guitar I've owned.  Great guitars, absolutley great guitars!

Thanks for the input guys.  I'm still trying to decide between another 150 or getting a 137.  I love my 150.  Best guitar I've ever had.  I'm just thinking of the different tones with the P 90's.  I want some more tone options and I think the P 90's will make me happy.  I also really like the way the slab 137 looks! 

Thanks HIGH FLYING BIRD!! Now I really can't make up my mind.  You have some awesome stuff there.  The 140, 157, 137.......  I really want to focus on collecting Heritage models. Decisions.....SHOOK

Thanks for the input guys.  I'm still trying to decide between another 150 or getting a 137.  I love my 150.  Best guitar I've ever had.  I'm just thinking of the different tones with the P 90's.  I want some more tone options and I think the P 90's will make me happy.  I also really like the way the slab 137 looks! 

Buy both of them!

Shook ...

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago , I couldn't decide on a new 150 with P-90s or a 137 with P-90s, plus the 535 "23" was in the loop as well.

I was afraid that a "2 - 3" month wait would end up being 4- 6 months or longer. In the end I used the $$$ I had put by for a custom order to buy some used guitars.

Got a 137 Korina from Jay and love the dirty P90s and the really fat neck. Quite different from my 150 with Seth Lovers and it's tuna bridge. Its more rock & roll with twang. Cost $1700 pre-shut down pricing.  :afro:

Archived