Heritage Owners Club

Free Cab Day

The fella that is buying the '68 SG/MM from me wants it really bad, in fact, he wanted me to hold it for him for up to 30 days so he could move another guitar.

He also builds amps and cabs on the side and offered me a free 1x12 cab to hold the SG for him...so i accepted!

The cab arrived today, and i had the Tone Tubby 8h speaker that came stock in the Chicago Blues Box. So I installed the Tone Tubby in the cab and am now running it as an extension cab along with the Celestion Vintage 30 in the CBB....it sounds GREAT!!! With that RAT distortion and the '73 LP DLX....it nails "Pinball Wizzard"!!!!

cab_zps88a66be0.jpg

Did Pete Townshend play a 357? He should.

Awesome looking cab; you are the king of deals. Congrats.

Are you matching the correct impedance for that amp? Is there a place to change the ohms on the amp? Warning....

Are you matching the correct impedance for that amp? Is there a place to change the ohms on the amp? Warning....

i was thinking the same thing.....there is not an impedance selector on the Kingston. There are only 2 input jacks on the chasis. 1 is for the main speaker and the other goes to the ext. cab. jack. Theay are both 8h speakers

i was thinking the same thing.....there is not an impedance selector on the Kingston. There are only 2 input jacks on the chasis. 1 is for the main speaker and the other goes to the ext. cab. jack. Theay are both 8h speakers

Are you sure the second output isn't a "Slave Out" and not an ext cab jack. I am just trying to help, you are probably right. It has been quite a while since I owned my Kingston.

If it is an extension cab jack, then you might need two 16ohm speakers to match the impedance.

You might want to talk to Brian or someone else that knows if it is OK to go from 8ohms to 4ohms.

Archived