Heritage Owners Club

Marshall DSL40C

I watched a video of Joe Bonamassa screwing around with a Marshall DSL40C using a custom Gibson ES-335.... Man, does that guy make anything sound good... I was thinking about that amp, but I'm not Joe B and I probably won't get the same results.... Interesting amp regardless....

Anyone try these out yet? I think they came out about six or seven months ago.

I have been interested as well. Are those made in the UK, or in Asia? The original DSL combos had some serious overheating issues back in the day, so hopefully these no longer have that problem. I'd love to find a replacement for my TSL122 that isn't so huge, heavy, and loud.

The DSL401s had two issues, one was overheating of the bridge rectifier, the other was an overbias condition.

I reset the bias on my DSL and haven't had any issues. When I got it, it was seriously overbiased, and the tubes were toasted. I don't run it hard all night, every night, tho. The rectifier can be replaced pretty easily. If you lift it off the circuit board, or add a stick on heat sink, it will solve that issue.

I haven't heard the 40C yet. Maybe I need to run up to Willis Music and see how they stack up with the original.

Archived