Heritage Owners Club

I'll be selling my Ibanez semi hollows - NHD

PunkKitty

Which pickups?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. Which pickups do you prefer

• Gibson 57 Classics
    • BG Lizards

Because I just got this from DaveRobrect. It's a 2006 Heritage Prospect.

DSCF6492_zps3576335f.jpg

DSCF6494_zps1c1a54f8.jpg

DSCF6496_zps05fc3413.jpg

Currently Fralin P92s are installed. I will be selling them to offset the cost of this beauty and installing either a set of Gibson 57 Classics (with Alnico 3 magnets) or a set of BG Lizards. I haven't decided which yet. What's your vote? I already own the Gibsons and the BGs. It's just a matter of which pickups I'll use.

I'll make another crazy, not-on-the-list suggestion first: You have a guitar with a pair of HRWs. How about using the bridge HRW as a neck pickup and put a 57 Classic in the bridge?

My on-the-list opinion is the 57 Classics.

You got it!!! Welcome to the Prospect Owners club of the HoC!! We're a growing cult, for sure! I'd say, if you can't keep the Fralins then the BG pups. Everything I've ever gotten from Brian is stellar. No clue what those particular pups are supposed to do, tho'. The important thing here is you got the Prospect!!

You got it!!! Welcome to the Prospect Owners club of the HoC!! We're a growing cult, for sure! I'd say, if you can't keep the Fralins then the BG pups. Everything I've ever gotten from Brian is stellar. No clue what those particular pups are supposed to do, tho'. The important thing here is you got the Prospect!!

I'm a previous Prospect owner. I sold mine to Schundog. But I really, really missed it. I like the neck on this one better. It's a bit chunkier.

I'm a previous Prospect owner. I sold mine to Schundog. But I really, really missed it. I like the neck on this one better. It's a bit chunkier.

Well then ... welcome back!!! :icon_thumright:

I have 57 classics in a G brand 137 custom that was my first electric guitar;

I have always thought that they sound great in that guitar.

Your new prospect is very beautiful, congratulations.

The Fralins are great. But I want to recoup some of the costs of the guitar. I have the BGs and the Gibsons. They are all great pickups. And I can get more for the Fralins than the BGs or the Gibsons.

After doing a cost benefit analysis, I've decided that it's not worth it to swap the pickups. It would be different if I was to do the work myself. But I HATE doing electronics work on semi hollows. By the time I add up the installation fees, hassle, etc, it makes sense to just keep the Fralins.

By the time I add up what it will cost to have new pickups installed and the resale value of the 57 Classics or Lizards, it's almost equal to what I can get for the Fralins. I may as well save myself the hassle and just enjoy a nice set of Fralins.

Archived