Heritage Owners Club

Fender Hot Rod Deluxe III

I've never liked the Hot Rod Deluxe amps - granted I didn't play the III, but it's predecessors. I heard they were improved after awhile. Never played the Blues Deluxe - been wondering about that one, myself.

I like the HRD. I haven't tried the III, I have the older version. They are a great gigging amp. Plenty loud, great cleans, the drive channel...well... just use your favorite stomp in the clean channel. It is usable, but not as good as the clean channel.

I like the HRD. I haven't tried the III, I have the older version. They are a great gigging amp. Plenty loud, great cleans, the drive channel...well... just use your favorite stomp in the clean channel. It is usable, but not as good as the clean channel.

That's what I heard about the older models... The III is supposed to have an improved od channel

My experience w/ the HRD is before the latest versions also. It does clean very, very well. The new George Benson signature HR model has the same tone stack, but an upgraded speaker to accentuate the cleans for jazz..

I have a Blues Deluxe and it's clean up to about 4. Then it starts to get a tiny bit of hair. From 5 up it's got a nice Fender snarl and some bluesy grit.

Archived