Heritage Owners Club

20th Anniversary H-535?

Kap

Hi, just wondering what is known about the 20th Anniversary H 535. Have found tags on H 150 20th Anniversary but nothing about the 535, and would like to know how they are different to the stock H 535 from 2005/6?

And while I'm and it when was the 20th anniversary?

I'm sure others might add to this, but here's what I know ...

The model was based on the features Jay Wolfe ordered on 535s that he called '35 Specials. These had tone pro's hardware, SD Antiquity pickups, a bound headstock, and Wolfe's pickguard shape, which was different than the standard Heritage shape. I think --could be wrong-- that the major addition to the '35 Special specs for the 20th anniversary was an inlay banner on the headstock that said "20th Anniversary."

I'm sure others might add to this, but here's what I know ...

The model was based on the features Jay Wolfe ordered on 535s that he called '35 Specials. These had tone pro's hardware, SD Antiquity pickups, a bound headstock, and Wolfe's pickguard shape, which was different than the standard Heritage shape. I think --could be wrong-- that the major addition to the '35 Special specs for the 20th anniversary was an inlay banner on the headstock that said "20th Anniversary."

...and sperzel tuners, almost forgot.

Check out this page ....

-------------------------------------

H-535 20th Anniversary Limited Edition

select curly maple wood package, with one piece mahogany neck with 17 degree bound peghead, Sperzel vintage tunners w/pearloid buttons, hand cut bone nut,traditional bridge & stopbar tailpiece, two Seymour Duncan nickel antiquity pickups, multi-bound curly maple pickguard, special 20th anniversary banner

http://delortoguitar.com/special_editions.asp

Could be wrong but I think 2005 was the 20th Anniversary.

There was also a 23rd Anniversary run of 535s in vintage wine burst and that was about 2008.

Note the 23rd inlay at the fifth fret

535-vwb.jpg

Check out this page ....

H-535 20th Anniversary Limited Edition

select curly maple wood package, with one piece mahogany neck with 17 degree bound peghead, Sperzel vintage tunners w/pearloid buttons, hand cut bone nut,traditional bridge & stopbar tailpiece, two Seymour Duncan nickel antiquity pickups, multi-bound curly maple pickguard, special 20th anniversary banner

http://delortoguitar.com/special_editions.asp

Could be wrong but I think 2005 was the 20th Anniversary.

There was also a 23rd Anniversary run of 535s in vintage wine burst and that was about 2008.

Note the 23rd inlay at the fifth fret

535-vwb.jpg

Stunning post. Thank you.

Thanks, that is a bit more information but it is still a little confusing.....does it mean that the 20th and 23rd Anniversary models are really the 'creation' of Tom Wolfe and Heritage built them to the specs required by the customer? in other words they are custom guitars and not the manufacturers (in this case Heritage) product celebrating their milestone? I am in no way denigrating or casting nasturtiums on Tom Wolf ... just asking for clarification.

Thanks, that is a bit more information but it is still a little confusing.....does it mean that the 20th and 23rd Anniversary models are really the 'creation' of Tom Wolfe and Heritage built them to the specs required by the customer? in other words they are custom guitars and not the manufacturers (in this case Heritage) product celebrating their milestone? I am in no way denigrating or casting nasturtiums on Tom Wolf ... just asking for clarification.

I think Jay Wolfe worked with Heritage to design the 20th anniversary. Other dealers received them but they were a limited number model in the H-150 and H-535. The 23rd anniversary model was done by the guys at the factory to celebrate being back in business after a fire at the factory nearly spelled the end for them. Others will chime in here as well with info.

I think Jay Wolfe worked with Heritage to design the 20th anniversary. Other dealers received them but they were a limited number model in the H-150 and H-535. The 23rd anniversary model was done by the guys at the factory to celebrate being back in business after a fire at the factory nearly spelled the end for them. Others will chime in here as well with info.

That's also how I remember it.

Jay Wolfe, the largest Heritage dealer (then, and I suspect now, but not certain), had developed the specs for the '35 special based on his own preferences for 535's and those of his customers. He stocked the guitars regularly, before the Heritage decision to use the model as the basis for the Anniversary model. (Not sure if Jay was part of the decision to do the special Anniversary run ... maybe he'll pitch in.)

My 535 is a '35 Special with the single modification of an ebony fingerboard. It predated the Anniversary run.

013-1-1.jpg

Thinking of bidding/making an offer on one, a 'natural'.......and had never heard of them before so I thank all on the information.

I am also hesitating and seek advice because the seller has not responded to my request for the serial number and there is no photo of the upper part of the rear of the head stock.

Southpaw, I am also beginning to feel splinters in the seat of my pants...I'll need to jump soon.

Anyone seriously considering a 535 should listen to this video.

That stool's the only spare seat in the room! :)

This is my favourite 535 clip and my inspiration for building a Vibrolux. Stunning.

Archived