Heritage Owners Club

Heritage Prospect - demo

koula901

I would buy a Prospect. Having owned a Prospect and having had an opportunity to play a ES-339, I would take the Prospect hands down.

Keith - do you feel the Prospect would be the heritage that's closest to a ES 339?

I've owned both. I've also owned a Blues Deluxe, which is a hybrid, more 339 than Prospect.

The 339 I got was new. The fit and finish were top notch. The Prospects I had (3 of them) were of the same quality.

The size and overall shape are damned close. I don't recall a significant difference.

I also think the Gibson 57s sound very much like SD Seth Lovers, although I didn't A/B them.

The major difference was the center block. The Prospect is a little lighter, a little louder acoustically, and more prone to feedback. The Blues Deluxe Prospect is Heritage's equivalent to the 339.

I like both the 339 and the Prospect. Both are small enough that they are fun to play.

I've owned both. I've also owned a Blues Deluxe, which is a hybrid, more 339 than Prospect.

The 339 I got was new. The fit and finish were top notch. The Prospects I had (3 of them) were of the same quality.

The size and overall shape are damned close. I don't recall a significant difference.

I also think the Gibson 57s sound very much like SD Seth Lovers, although I didn't A/B them.

The major difference was the center block. The Prospect is a little lighter, a little louder acoustically, and more prone to feedback. The Blues Deluxe Prospect is Heritage's equivalent to the 339.

I like both the 339 and the Prospect. Both are small enough that they are fun to play.

Is Blues Deluxe sold by that controversial, rather flamboyant guy who died within the past year or two, who briefly had contract w/Heritage?

P.S. thanks for the good descriptions

Far be it for me to be Ed Roman's advocate, but here we are discussing him long after he's dead. That proves he made at least a minor contribution to modern popular music history.

Ed's Blues Deluxe is a great concept. Heritage still makes solid body Prospects on request. One I saw was called something like the Bluesmaster.

The hollow bodied and semi-hollow versions of the Prospect are wonderful guitars to have. The hollow body is so light that you can forget it's strapped over your shoulder.

Didn't you have trouble with feedback on your 535, Katy?

Yes . . . that was before I got some Doug's Plugs for the f holes. After that, it was fine. Guitars go in and out of favor with me, as the wind blows, and then back again.

Archived