Heritage Owners Club

Do you have more than 1 Pedal Board, if so, Why?

koula901

I've been thinking about creating a second pedalboard, a much smaller one, for a quick grab 'n' go for rehearsals.

The main pedal board has everything that I would ever need - which is great for performance. But I find for rehearsal all I need on it is delay, a low gain pedal, and a high gain. That would be the bare minimum.

If you have more than one board, what have you got on it, and why more than 1 board?

I have two boards, one of which I plan to break down into two boards ... so, eventually I'll have three, and a big wooden dinosaur of an empty board. Now, I have one huge board that I built and used with our long-running-but-now-defunct geezer band. It gave me signature sounds for a number of tunes we played. (and a lot of space for switching stuff around --I had room for a wah, for ex.) The second board I put together for my funk band -volume, wah, tuner, fuchs overdrive, which is all I need. It is built on the med. pedal train base with soft cover, so I can throw it over my shoulder and carry it from my office to our rehearsal space. I very rarely have to pack it, so I don't need a hard case. I've also bought the small (not tiny) and large (not huge) pedal trains with hard cases. When I have reason, I plan to break down the unwieldly huge board into a core group of stuff I'd use on any gig, and then a second group of stuff I more rarely use, and then I could take one or both. Pics of existing pair...

005.jpg

009-5-1.jpg

I am getting ready to put together a small board, that will fit into my suitcase for Fly-In gigs.

It will be ERNIE BALL VOL Jr, Original RAT, Demeter Tremulator, MXR Carbon Copy Delay, Sonic

Research Turbo Tuner (not in the signal path). Nothing special but I can get the job done with these.

I don't have a pedal board .

I would like to make one though. I have this great semi cicular one in my mind. It has probably never been built because I am constantly switching my setup around. I did however build an FX loop board, well realy it's a shelf. It sits on top of my amp head and gives me a flat surface for my time based stuff (deluxe memory man, Demeter real spring reverb). A speaker cab riser/stand is also in the planning stage. Next time I go to ikea I will get the legs.

Guest HRB853370

I've been thinking about creating a second pedalboard, a much smaller one, for a quick grab 'n' go for rehearsals.

The main pedal board has everything that I would ever need - which is great for performance. But I find for rehearsal all I need on it is delay, a low gain pedal, and a high gain. That would be the bare minimum.

If you have more than one board, what have you got on it, and why more than 1 board?

I really shun effects pedals, but there are a few that I like so I have them on one board. Less is actually more.

I don't have a pedal board .

I would like to make one though. I have this great semi cicular one in my mind. It has probably never been built because I am constantly switching my setup around. I did however build an FX loop board, well realy it's a shelf. It sits on top of my amp head and gives me a flat surface for my time based stuff (deluxe memory man, Demeter real spring reverb). A speaker cab riser/stand is also in the planning stage. Next time I go to ikea I will get the legs.

if it sits on top of your amp head, then, you're engaging the effects with your hand, instead of stomping on them?

I have a large one that hold the majority of my pedals. And a smaller one that holds like 4 pedals.

Necessity of which and how many pedals, dictates which I will use.

But I am usually too lazy to pull a couple off the large board and put them on the small board.... so I usually just take the big board.

if it sits on top of your amp head, then, you're engaging the effects with your hand, instead of stomping on them?

Yes. I put the time based fx in the loop and set them on top the head so I can't week them, the memory man especially. I only use the time based effects for entire songs, never for just a solo or fill.

Ha! I just watched Wayne's World a couple days ago. Hadn't seen in ages. Liking my pedal train mini. Just the one.

yup - that's what I'm going to use, for my 2nd small board, a quick grab 'n' go. That mini's a great little board.

I have a large one that hold the majority of my pedals. And a smaller one that holds like 4 pedals.

Necessity of which and how many pedals, dictates which I will use.

But I am usually too lazy to pull a couple off the large board and put them on the small board.... so I usually just take the big board.

That's the whole point of having a second board, with it's own pedals that stay permanent on it - so you don't have to go messing with the big board.

Geez... I don't have one pedal.. let alone a board to put them on.

I have a million pedals but now I'm back to using the built in reverb and tube overdrive on my Classic 30.. That H-140 LOVES tube overdrive!! :icon_sunny:

Archived