Heritage Owners Club

Opinions on a 576

tonedeaf

I have been thinking of buying a laminate guitar to try and help with the havoc the humidity changes inflict on carved arch-tops. (I am at 8600' and the weather causes humidity changes that are so fast I can't keep up with.) I have been looking at Gibson ES175s but this 576 has come up for a third time on feeBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-HERITAGE-H-576-FLAME-MAPLE-SEMI-HOLLOW-Seymour-Duncans-KALAMAZOO-USA-/121198418808?pt=Guitar&hash=item1c37fd1b78.

Any opinions?

Thanks

I'm looking at the photos and the two on the bottom right are showing something I can't figure out. I can't see which part of the guitar that is. The description refers to a 2" mark in the middle of the back, but when I scan the back photo I can't see it. Maybe not an issue but I'd be curious.

I know what you mean about humidity issues. It's dry where I am and I have a hard time keeping up with all of the case humidifiers.

Guest HRB853370

H-576 are great guitars. Go for it. One is on my want list of guitars.

Whew, I feel safe now. I was thinking you were going for a 574. A certain one in vintage orange. Problem with trying to acquire either model is they are no longer made.

The only downside on the 576 is access to upper frets. Because of where the body meets the fingerboard, as well as the shape of the cutaway, playing high on the neck is more of a challenge than it is on a 575 or 175. A Gibson 137 is probably the closest alternative and those are plentiful and relatively cheap-- for a Gibson anyway.

The only downside on the 576 is access to upper frets. Because of where the body meets the fingerboard, as well as the shape of the cutaway, playing high on the neck is more of a challenge than it is on a 575 or 175. A Gibson 137 is probably the closest alternative and those are plentiful and relatively cheap-- for a Gibson anyway.

Thanks for this info. I have a 575 and it is my favorite guitar -- except when the woods take a wonder. Would you say that an ES175, rather than a 576, would be closer to a 575? My real goal is to get a laminate guitar that is closest to my 575.

Thanks for this info. I have a 575 and it is my favorite guitar -- except when the woods take a wonder. Would you say that an ES175, rather than a 576, would be closer to a 575? My real goal is to get a laminate guitar that is closest to my 575.

Have you considered an H525 with humbuckers? They'll make you one and I don't think there is an upcharge...but check first.

http://www.heritageguitar.com/models/h525osb_specs.html

I'm at 7,000 ft in the Rockies south of you and I find it takes a year for a guitar to acclimatize . Case humidifiers on and off and progressively more time out of the case. Things like fret sprout go away after a while. I have two carved solid wood Heritages and one laminate and they all behave much the same

That said, by all means go buy yourself a beautiful guitar. You'll still have weirdness in the neck, but you'll have a blues machine.

The body of the 175 is deeper than the 575 but the back is flat, not arched; the neck pickup on the 175 is also a bit closer to the bridge. But besides that, they are pretty close. Much more like each other than either is like the 576. I've got the Steve Howe 175 and it's a great guitar. I also love my 575 Custom.

Archived