Heritage Owners Club

So... What would you have liked Heritage to introduce...

cosmikdebriis

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply
WOLFE HAS A GREAT SELECTION...YOU WOULD THINK BECAUSE OF THEIR VOLUME, THEIR PRICES WOULD BE A LITTLE BETTER.  I CALLED ON A USED H 157 THE OTHER DAY AND THEY WANTED $1900 USED.  IT WAS MINTY, BUT USED

Their greed lost them one customer.

Their greed lost them one customer.

Heck I'd LOVE to give Heritage my business, even if it is via a dealer, but at THAT price an older blonde G-word Byrdland would still come in below that asking price. I was thinking a single FLOATING pickup model - or even a Sweet 16 with floating pickup and short scale neck. A real sweet instrument (pardon the pun)...

I'd have a tough time resisting a Lollar P-90 equiped 575, a new Johnny Smith signature (x-braced, 25" scale,with floating hb), or a 550 with a Charlie Christian pickup (like Barney's old ax).  Having the hand-made Kent Armstrongs as options instead of HRW or SDs would be cool too, especially for the floating pickups.

I'd have a tough time resisting a Lollar P-90 equiped 575, a new Johnny Smith signature (x-braced, 25" scale,with floating hb), or a 550 with a Charlie Christian pickup (like Barney's old ax).  Having the hand-made Kent Armstrongs as options instead of HRW or SDs would be cool too, especially for the floating pickups.

You do have that as an option. They will order anything to put on your guitar. For example some are into the Tone Pro hardware, you can buy it and ship to them or they can get it for you.

This is a common misconception. Tell them what you want and 90% of the time they will do it your way.

Cool, I knew they were willing to install anything but figured you'd have to provide the hardware. That could get a bit anxious if waiting like Yos or I did on our custom orders. As it is, I'm swapping the Schaller on my Super Eagle for the KA built in PAF (12 pole pieces) and already changed the Korean KA on my D'angelico for the Johnny Smith model. The floating single coil really intrigues me and I'd probably want to try it out if I ordered a Golden Eagle.

Wolfe's told me they couldn't get a P-90 575, which surprised me. Anyways, reviving these classic designs as standard models, even if in low volumes, seems like a better way to deepen their niche market than competing with new models that don't draw on the company's unique history.

Cool, I knew they were willing to install anything but figured you'd have to provide the hardware. That could get a bit anxious if waiting like Yos or I did on our custom orders. As it is, I'm swapping the Schaller on my Super Eagle for the KA built in PAF (12 pole pieces) and already changed the Korean KA on my D'angelico for the Johnny Smith model. The floating single coil really intrigues me and I'd probably want to try it out if I ordered a Golden Eagle.

Wolfe's told me they couldn't get a P-90 575, which surprised me. Anyways, reviving these classic designs as standard models, even if in low volumes, seems like a better way to deepen their niche market than competing with new models that don't draw on the company's unique history.

I'd call Vince or Ren direct for your answer. I don't see why they wouldn't. Maybe Wolfe trying to sell their 535 instead?? (which is an unbelievable guitar btw)

I'd like them to do a Korina V and Explorer. Other companys are using these shapes, like Hamer, and are making some good guitars. Heritage could use the traditional headstock shape, as others do, and cut the logo in MOP. And of course, the Wilshire/Crestwood in my previous photo.

Agreed, and Hamer is a wholly owned subsidiary of Fender! Fender makes an Explorer but Heritage doesn't? :lol:

I'd love another Explorer :D

Archived