Heritage Owners Club

Fender Vibro King Amp.

golferwave

Anybody played through one? I've been looking at an ad for a used one here locally but haven't contacted the seller to see about going to play through it. I've listened to some youtube vids. Thoughts and/or comments would be most appreciated.

It is a fine, soulful sound. She's temperamental but worth the price of admission. Highly recommend.

I love VKs, Scott. Loud and a bit more than I need for club gigs, but oh what a sound. One of my fav local guitar slingers (well... before he moved to Fla) using one or 2 of them and has a live sound that (to me) is dang near perfect. Did a search and found this clip. Guitar solo from around the 2:00 to 4 min mark.

One of my fav local guitar slingers (well... before he moved to Fla) using one or 2 of them and has a live sound that (to me) is dang near perfect. Did a search and found this clip. Guitar solo from around the 2:00 to 4 min mark.

Oh, yeah, Randy! Great tone! And love that cat's style! Nicey nice! Fine band! And damn...sure makes me regret selling, my sunburst, double bound '67 Tele (sold for what I paid for it...$350)!!! What the hell was I thinking!?

Very heavy, VERY loud, very clean, and just didn't have the vintage warmth for me. I couldn't fatten it up. I traded it for the Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse 4x10 which I love and was just 100% better. IMHO

I love VKs, Scott. Loud and a bit more than I need for club gigs, but oh what a sound. One of my fav local guitar slingers (well... before he moved to Fla) using one or 2 of them and has a live sound that (to me) is dang near perfect. Did a search and found this clip. Guitar solo from around the 2:00 to 4 min mark.

oh yeah, love that tone.

The XTCs, Pitbulls, SLOs, Plexis are very loud before they give up the goods. I had the Vibro King volume at 3:00 the other day for over an hour without subsequent ear ringing. It had power but stopped short of very loud and / or harming small animals. While it sounds glorious at that volume, It is still a volume friendly and dam fine amp at 9:00.

Randy, That's a fine band there! Thanks for the vid post and your thoughts!

John, Thanks for your input, you have a fine ear and a bunch of experience with all kinds of amps and I value your opinion!

Gregg, Keep on rockin' that Vibro King!

I took my trusty P-90 H-157 over to the sellers house today and played through his VK. The thing is clean beyond belief, I always thought my Super Reverb was king in that regard but we have a new winner. It's built like a tank and weighs almost as much. After considering the pros and cons I'm going to keep looking. I'm thinking Vibroverb or Vibrolux now, a little smaller package.

Thanks again for the advise!

I have never owned one but have had the great fortune to play through one many times. I used one for super clean jazz gigs at low volume with an Es347 and a Super Eagle. I loved the creamy tones I could get and the three knob reverb was to die for IMO. I could get the reverb lush and thick but turn the dwell down so it was not to dominating on the tone. I also had the opportunity to sit and play with the amp all alone every Friday for quite a few months. I could never get enough of it. At the time I could not afford the price but that amp is the reason I started playing through 10s and now like 15 years later and richer is the reason I have only high end amps, though no VK yet. The two draw backs are the big volume that is too much for me to crank in the smaller clubs I play and the heavy weight that I do not feel like carrying. Is far as tone the VK is as good as any boutique amp out there IMO. If you can buy one and are on with the weight and volume DO IT.

Archived