Heritage Owners Club

Why doesn't--hasn't Heritage built an SG body style?

heritagefan7

H has the best LP guitar in the world...The best semi (555) IMO as well. The 357 is highly sought after and harkens back to a guitar still made today... So, considering our "heritage," any thoughts on why leave out the other iconic body style--the SG?? Never played a stat but always heard good things--but that's from a different line than those traditionally made in K'zoo.

Any specific reason for no Sawn Guitar?

Aside from the headstock, I wonder what body style changes would have to be made to avoid legal issues.

And would they be profitable? SG's are amongst the cheaper end of Gibson's line of products after all.

I believe the original SG design was actually for it to be neck through. The "bevels" that they have on the firebird guitars are really only for looks.

Anyway, the later SG models in the late 60s and 70s had a redesigned neck joint that was far longer. it's similar to the H170 neck joint, and extends past the guitar body.

It could also just be that they don't like the shape, and never did.

I don't think it's a case of they don't like the shape.

Jim designed the Guild S100 (Polara) when he first moved to Guild in the 70s. Its an SG style, but the horns are not as symmetrical. He also said that he made the neck joint more secure, or in his words, "it doesn't have the fatal flaw of the SG's neck joint".

Guild%20S100%20and%20Thunderbird.jpg

Guest HRB853370

H has the best LP guitar in the world...The best semi (555) IMO as well. The 357 is highly sought after and harkens back to a guitar still made today... So, considering our "heritage," any thoughts on why leave out the other iconic body style--the SG?? Never played a stat but always heard good things--but that's from a different line than those traditionally made in K'zoo.

Any specific reason for no Sawn Guitar?

What is a Sawn guitar? This subject has been posted repeatedly on this forum.....and why would they even want to??

The explanations I have found listed for the abbreviation....

Solid Gibson

Standard Gibson

Solid Guitar

Standard Guitar

Sawn Guitar

Satan's Guitar

Solid-Body Guitar

Basically---I rem'd reading somewhere (I thought it was on Gibson website-but could be totally wrong) that it was Sawn Guitar...Clearly--I may be off on this.

Interesting though!

Guest HRB853370

The explanations I have found listed for the abbreviation....

Solid Gibson

Standard Gibson

Solid Guitar

Standard Guitar

Sawn Guitar

Satan's Guitar

Solid-Body Guitar

Basically---I rem'd reading somewhere (I thought it was on Gibson website-but could be totally wrong) that it was Sawn Guitar...Clearly--I may be off on this.

Interesting though!

I am sure they had to saw the wood to build the guitar, so yes, it was sawn.

This question gets asked all the time. I even asked it once YEARS ago. From what I understand, they don't build it because they don't want to. Haha.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

That Says it I think.. :)

Archived