Heritage Owners Club

anyone here using an OCD?

bolero

I liked it ok when it was on the board. Got it because one of my local country picker heroes had two on his board. Used it a few years. It likes to be turned up! It now sits on the floor in the practice room. Gets a work out every now and then.

Yes. This is my favorite overdrive/distortion pedal. A poor man's version would be Boss' Blues pedal, the name escapes me right now. It's a blue box. The OCD has great clarity from note note. Play with Hp/LP switch for extra effects

Obsessive Compulsive Disorder?

Obssessive Compulsive Drive. I think Mike was having fun with all of us who obssessivley need to have the next best overdrive pedal. Someone over at TGP has a son who is OCD and complained that Mike was making fun of the disease. I think most of us knew Mike was making fun of us who have GAS.

I used one for quite a while, very usable, versatile, and tweakable, but with some guitar/amp/rig combinations it can get lost in the mix a bit. I really never noticed that until I used it with large groups, it was great in the 3 piece band. I stopped using it because I liked the sound of my Direct Drive just a little more, but still a great stomp.

Supposedly the JoYo Ultimate Drive I have is a knock off of the OCD. It's a bit too gainy for me when using anything hotter than a vintage Tele style pickup/pickups.

The Mooer Hustle Drive I just bought and sold did the same thing. Too quick to hit the too hot spot.

I used one for quite a while, very usable, versatile, and tweakable, but with some guitar/amp/rig combinations it can get lost in the mix a bit. I really never noticed that until I used it with large groups, it was great in the 3 piece band. I stopped using it because I liked the sound of my Direct Drive just a little more, but still a great stomp.

That's the problem I've encountered with the Fulldrive - get's lost in the mix.

Personally, I did not care for the Ocd alone, but stacked with other Od pedals its cool. My current fav it the xotic BB preamp in front of a xotic EP booster.

I've heard it compares favourably to the rare & collectable oderous pickled rinocerous dung overdrive

Oh yes... I know of that pedal...

That's the $400 one handmade in somebody's basement by priests while Japanese virgins serenade the clipping diodes.

Truly a fine piece. Sounds no different than the $50 Boss SD-1 it was stone-cold copied from, which happens to be a copy of a Tubescreamer... but if somebody is going to pay what a good used tube amp costs nowadays for a pedal, it's SURELY the finest thing ever put into a metal box.

Seriously though...

I've played an OCD and liked it. Relatively reasonable price, did what it is supposed to do. One thing I've always noted about OD pedals is that they are never any better than the amp they're in front of - either the amp works, or it doesn't, and no amount of pedals in front of it can fix an icky one.

A good overdrive can compliment one though. The OCD is a good one.

haha, yeah those pedal names are getting more outlandish by the day...I guess that would have been the "OPRD"

haven't been using pedals much, I have been fortunate enough to be able to crank up my old tube amps.....which is fine and good until you get into 50 & 100w territory

but using a vox valvetone into a couple small amps recently has proffered the apple to my inner Adam...and seduced he was....got it for $95 shipped which was a good deal

I've had an OCD for a few years. Love it. I wanted a very transparent overdrive and this does it very well. I tend to set the drive pretty low and to my ear it sounds like my clean tone with some hair. It also cleans up really well with the volume knob. My TS9 works better at times for lead stuff though, with its midrange hump. The two pedals also play nicely together if I want a smooth higher-gain sound.

The only issue I could see with the OCD is if you don't start with a good clean base. If you're not happy with the clean sound of your guitar or amp, the OCD won't make if any better (or worse, I suppose).

Ryan

Guest HRB853370

Yes. This is my favorite overdrive/distortion pedal. A poor man's version would be Boss' Blues pedal, the name escapes me right now. It's a blue box. The OCD has great clarity from note note. Play with Hp/LP switch for extra effects

That would be a Blues Driver, which is in my BA60 board. And don't call it a poor mans version, just cuz its cheaper. Cost ain't everything and the Boss does just fine!

Oh yes... I know of that pedal...

That's the $400 one handmade in somebody's basement by priests while Japanese virgins serenade the clipping diodes.

Truly a fine piece. Sounds no different than the $50 Boss SD-1 it was stone-cold copied from, which happens to be a copy of a Tubescreamer... but if somebody is going to pay what a good used tube amp costs nowadays for a pedal, it's SURELY the finest thing ever put into a metal box.

Seriously though...

I've played an OCD and liked it. Relatively reasonable price, did what it is supposed to do. One thing I've always noted about OD pedals is that they are never any better than the amp they're in front of - either the amp works, or it doesn't, and no amount of pedals in front of it can fix an icky one.

A good overdrive can compliment one though. The OCD is a good one.

Hilarious!

Archived