Heritage Owners Club

Millie Makeover Saga

MartyGrass

This Millennium Standard Ultra is only a little more than a year old and has been well chronicled at HOC. I recently got it and found it to have a profoundly beautiful top and to be very well constructed.

Heritageguitar1_zps7b04e2ae.jpg

Here are quite of few pix.

http://s796.photobucket.com/user/mgoetting/library/Millennium%20Standard%20Ultra%202012?sort=3&page=1

There are a few dings in it from the previous owner. And there are some expected superficial swirls and use marks in the clear coat. So I decided to take it to Pete Moreno to have him make it look new.

This is how I prep a guitar for Pete.

P1010001_zps00ad1a85.jpgP1010002_zpsebc0d273.jpgp1010003_zps79a22e8f.jpgP1010007_zps5895bcf0.jpgP1010008_zps1a5c280a.jpgP1010009_zps1e1bc133.jpg

I am putting in Seth Lovers and pulling the Skatterbranes. The Skatterbranes are a little hotter than I like for jazz, but are superb pups for blues and rock.

I will post the results.

You must be planning other changes to it. Changing pups doesn't require all hardware be removed.

I just got back from Pete's. I asked him to make it look new. He will drop fill the dings, buff the whole thing out, polish the frets and put the Seth Lovers in. That's why the hardware is off.

I just got back from Pete's. I asked him to make it look new. He will drop fill the dings, buff the whole thing out, polish the frets and put the Seth Lovers in. That's why the hardware is off.

Very good decisions there! Enjoy you new girl.... Its too bad that not everyone cares for guitars as we do!

that is a very cool, unique guitar!!

strange choice of Skatterbranes for big band jazz, is that what they spec'd when they ordered it?

I'd think HRW's would have been prefect in that application

+1

Archived