Heritage Owners Club

NAD: Egnater Tweaker 15

schundog

I think a closed back cab would sound much better with that amp.

Also, I am a BIG fan of the Celestion G12H30, I have this speaker in my Brownface Vibrolux and Brownface Deluxe (Big low end, nice highs)!!!!! The last one I bought was off the gear page, $70 pp & shipped!!!

I am also a very big fan of that speaker. :)

• 4 months later...

Update: 4 months in, I finally did a tube swap, putting in the vintage GE 6V6 tubes I cannibalized from an old Hammond organ, as well as some different 12AX7s and a 12AU7, and it sounds much better. I now understand people describing the "taking the blanket off" comment when describing tone differences. Played through both 1X12 cabs I own, it sounded much better than before. What the hell was I waiting for?! :icon_scratch:

I just stumbled across this thread and it kind of ironic....

I was in the Kazoo GC the other day checking out their Egnater amps. There was a Tweaker 40 sitting there, the cab looked like it had great stuff foam leaking from the bottom corners. I asked Matt, the manager, what was up with this amp? He said it was "tweeked" in shipping....broke the cab, so we glued it back together. We tested the electronics and everything worked fine...it just broke the cab.

They had is clearance marked at $385 (they are $600 new). I told Matt I didn't feel comfortable paying almost $400 for a broken amp. He said, make me an offer. I did, and I went home with it!!! Its a great amp!!!

* 2 6L6 power tubes

* 2 foot switchable channels

* pre and post gain for each channel

* American/Vox/Marshal switchable preamp section

* FX loop

* very portable

I have also been thinking of swapping out the stock tubes....I also have a set of vintage GE 6L6s and a set of MESA STRs that I want to try in this Egnater.....now that you have had success doing that with yours, I feel better about doing it!!!

e1_zpsf7691bd7.jpg

e2_zps1bd8c6cd.jpg

e3_zps2f924deb.jpg

e9_zps36ddfef7.jpg

e8_zps10c9eccc.jpg

e5_zps2bd4e25e.jpg

e4_zpsf15e9aa8.jpg

e6_zpsc6282650.jpg

You can return it to GC, right?

I am lucky...matt gave me a refund, he didn't have to(because it was a scratch n dent clearance). but I do a lot of shopping there, so I guess he wanted to keep me as a customer

Archived