Heritage Owners Club

Speaking of Low Watt Heads...

Done!!

And best of all, it sounds AMAZING!

Great cleans! Pull out the Treble knob for Midrange boost.

Great overdrive! Basic Volume drives the preamp, and Master Volume gets you loud enough for live gigs with a drummer!

Bass level at only 10 o'clock is more than adequate. Past 12 o'clock gets boomy and distorts, but NOT flabby.

The Celestion12" Celestion® G12P-80 is rated at 80 watts. The Champ II is rated at 18 watts. Tons of headroom and VOLUME!

Overall this Champ II project is a MUCH better and cheaper alternative to Fender's current '57 Tweed Head (street price only $1,899!!!)

post-8-0-81652000-1401466920_thumb.jpeg

over the years I have on more than one occasion been accused of having a low watt head.

Me too! :icon_joker:

Interestingly, some of James Marshall's best amps were no more than 18 watts. WAY different from a Champ circuit, but low watt heads can be wonderful. :icon_salut:

Here is a link to the amp cab maker for anyone interested. He's a great guy to work with.

http://stores.ebay.com/The-Musicans-Hardware-Store?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

This Champ II project turned out so well that I'm really tempted to do the same with my 80's Super Champ.

Since the amp's chassis can always be returned to the original Fender cab, there's no loss of value if sold down the road.

post-8-0-05237100-1401815275_thumb.jpg

Archived