Heritage Owners Club

Does it matter......

Bluzman54

I just bought a new H535 and it plays incredibly in every aspect.

It appears to me that the color listed on the inside label is not the actual color.  The way I noticed this is that my Prospect and the H535 are supposed to be the same color (Dark Almond SB) and there is a definite difference.  The H535 is lighter more honey colored- to me more like Amber SB.  I bought the H535 and thought it was a different color at the time.......so that is not the issue.

My questions is as follows...Does it matter that the label color and actual color are/maybe different?

Thanks.... 

Jim C

ps....I'll try to post some pics later.

Don't look at the label or send the label back to be re-labeled. Duh!

The alternative would be the send the 535 back to be painted to match the label. double duh!

I like both colors (in fact I didn't want the same color for the H-535 as I also have a H-550 that is Dark Almond SB and matches the Prospect) , but one of these guitars is mislabled when it comes to its color.

My question was more from a resale.....future collectability viewpoint. 

Jim C

Maybe it's Almond Sunburst, and not the Dark Almond Sunburst.

I could see/accept that, but I don't see much of the almond in the color.  To me its almost like a light Tobacco SB as there are more golden hues in the finish and the dark areas appear more amber/tobacco in color.  Don't get me wrong here, I like the color a lot.  I was wondering if the label and actual color didn't match....would it matter in the future.

Jim C

Here are the pictures of the H-535 and Prospect.  As you can see, they aren't the same color.

I apologize for the quality as I took them quickly.   The H-535 does have some killer "flame" that doesn't show up in the picture.

Jim C

H-535 A.JPG

H-535 A.JPG_thumb

H-535 E.JPG

H-535 E.JPG_thumb

Prospect.JPG

Prospect.JPG_thumb

To answer the original question, yea it matters. It matters that you should have bought my mint flamey 555 instead! :P (kidding of course, nice score)

To answer the original question, yea it matters. It matters that you should have bought my mint flamey 555 instead! :P (kidding of course, nice score)

Hey Kuz...

Thanks.  I had seriously considered your H-555 but I got a deal I couldn't refuse......okay, so I am practicing my excuse in case my wife asks.

Anyway.....I am actually trying to talk a friend into your guitar.  Can't promise anything, but he seems somewhat interested.

Now for your honest opinion....what would you do with such a color error/difference?  Have the "boys" relabel it or let it pass? 

Jim C

Hey Kuz...

Thanks.  I had seriously considered your H-555 but I got a deal I couldn't refuse......okay, so I am practicing my excuse in case my wife asks.

Anyway.....I am actually trying to talk a friend into your guitar.  Can't promise anything, but he seems somewhat interested.

Now for your honest opinion....what would you do with such a color error/difference?  Have the "boys" relabel it or let it pass? 

Jim C

I have a miss labeled Heritage (wrong color) and to be honest I just don't worry or care about it.

It's not like they have some data base to cross check the label to the specs.

Last I heard, the Heritage order forms were sitting in Bill Page's Bass boat.

Nice new 535 Jim.  I like the color, whatever it is. 

Chico,

Thanks. 

The color is really quite striking in person.  Unfortunately, I couldn't get the "flame" in the wood to come out well in the photos....the combo of the color and the wood is beautiful.

You know....I could always call it a "custom color" as I can't find any on their charts that come close....... :wink:

Jim C

I'd be interested in what the color designations are, such as ACSB or ALSB, etc. on the tags, rather than the hand written color. I think your 535 is Antique Cherry Sunburst (ACSB). And your prospect looks more ASB (Antique Sunburst) in that pic, to me. I'd think, down the road, that yes, it could make a big dif.

I'd be interested in what the color designations are, such as ACSB or ALSB, etc. on the tags, rather than the hand written color. I think your 535 is Antique Cherry Sunburst (ACSB). And your prospect looks more ASB (Antique Sunburst) in that pic, to me. I'd think, down the road, that yes, it could make a big dif.

Thanks.

I am going to call Heritage on Monday.  I would really hate to have to send one or both back to the factory to be relabled.

Jim C

nice guitars! If you want the flame to "pop" in pictures, use natural light instead of the camera's flash, like by a bright window, but not in direct sunlight. Turn on as many lights also that are near. The flash makes for a "flat" photograph.

nice guitars! If you want the flame to "pop" in pictures, use natural light instead of the camera's flash, like by a bright window, but not in direct sunlight. Turn on as many lights also that are near. The flash makes for a "flat" photograph.

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll try it next time.

love the burst on the 535....yummy!!!!

Thanks.

Jim C

Here they are side by side.....no doubt colors not even close.

Jim C

Looks like you've got a serious problem there, Jim. One of your guitars has a beautiful colour and the other one is beautifully coloured. Get rid of 'em as soon as possible before you're in real trouble. There is a solution though, but it won't be easy. I can help you with this problem because we have special facilities over here in the Netherlands and have dealt with problems like yours. Believe me, we know what you are going through! Make sure you pack the guitars in their original cases and also loosen the strings before sending them to us for processing.

Looks like you've got a serious problem there, Jim. One of your guitars has a beautiful colour and the other one is beautifully coloured. Get rid of 'em as soon as possible before you're in real trouble. There is a solution though, but it won't be easy. I can help you with this problem because we have special facilities over here in the Netherlands and have dealt with problems like yours. Believe me, we know what you are going through! Make sure you pack the guitars in their original cases and also loosen the strings before sending them to us for processing.

Nice try Jacques  ;D

You might also have added the following  .....  " In the spirit of International co-operation etc. ...."

:thumbsup:

Archived