Heritage Owners Club

H150 with MINI-buckers: New Wolfe/Grahm design - anyone see these?

Heritage525

The one at Jay's site is Graham's personal H150. Heritage will be happy to make you one.

Also, I was told the headstock is somewhat larger than stock--sorta like midway between the standard headstock size and the large sizes found on H575s.

I had a lengthy phone discussion with Graham a couple of months ago about that guitar.  It seems Graham, rather than Jay, spec'd that one out.  He was going for something similar to, but better than, the early '70's Pauls, which sported the mini-hums.  Given the other 150's at Wolfe's I didn't quite get why they'd want to pursue that particular set up; I suppose because they can. At the time, Graham was very excited about that model.  He was particularly enthused about the Lollar pickups, which he characterized as quite different from regular humbuckers or P-90's.  Graham seemed to think them more "twangy" and that he thought it might be a great guitar for players who did more Nashville-type playing, maybe an alternative, but not unrelated, to Tele's.

I work less than 10 minutes from Wolfe's (in fact was there twice this week).  Just bought my third new Heritage from them (H-535) in 6 months.

I have seen Graham's guitar several times and was fortunate enough that he let me play it......to say the least, it is a killer.....looks, sound, action, etc.  If I were in the market for that type of guitar I would buy it in a heartbeat.

JMHO

Jim C

I work less than 10 minutes from Wolfe's

You lucky son of a gun!

I hereby nominate you to run the annual HOC Pilgrimage--Southern Edition!   ;D

:this_thread_is_useless_withou

Here you go, Brent:

width=600 height=450http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/769/1941278/Photo4_b523d-Original.jpg[/img]

Bluzman54 - how do the minis sound different that full size buckers?

To my ear, I found them to have a slightly warmer, fatter tone.  Don't get me wrong "there's bite in those dogs".....I really liked the dynamic range and versatile sounds from the pu's and guitar.  The guitar played and sounded great.  As a point of reference, I played the guitar through a 20 watt Swart amp......another incredible piece of equipment Wolfe has in his shop.....very cool and the sound is in a class all its own.

Like I said before, if I were in the market for that style guitar I would buy one in a heartbeat.....heck I'd probably try to by Graham's.  Now that I've been wriring about it, I feel a case of G.A.S. coming on.  :undecided:

JMHO

Jim C

You lucky son of a gun!

Here you go, Brent:

width=600 height=450http://www.gbase.com/files/store_images/769/1941278/Photo4_b523d-Original.jpg[/img]

that is nice...i bet they want $2600 for it too

these are aweome. Wolfe has been ordering the H150's with the setups Heritage should have rode their claim to fame on. All they really need is a slick marketing campaign solicting their REAL history and they would be blowing away the G brand buyers.

now I just need to stop thinking about a H157cm black beauty with p90's and a neck duncan alnico pickup.

can a few of us just start working at the plant in the offices?

but secretly I do not want a million people to start jumping on the band wagon.

You lucky son of a gun!

Nice thought Gent's but I will be spending my July vacation in Plainwell, Mi.  636 miles from my little piece of the sunny south.  Who knows, I might even pick up that guitar for about $1100.00.... Brent?  :angel:

I believe that is the new one, Graham told me the cherry burst and the gold top just came in today.  Can any one else here report on tone: mini bucker vs. full sized bucker?

I used to have a '69 LP Deluxe and sold it like an IDIOT- I would say it is in how you use it. Anyone remember the Gisbon Night Hawk in early 90s it had mini humbucker and sound very good (for Nashville produced).

I would say they sound how you would expect- clearer, more defined, filling the gap between full humbucker & P-90s. Surprisingly they sound more like a true PAF more highs & clearer, cut through without the icepick...  (but for me if I want this tone, it's p90s BABY, yea!)

One thing I can assure you If Jason Lollar made the pups it is going to sound INCREDIBLE. The man is a genius!

that top is amazing!!!

is that the new or the used one?

The picture looks to be the new one.  In Graham's "prototype" there was a small. noticeable space between the pickups and wood the last time I saw it. 

I can go by Wolfe's on Tuesday to check it out if anyone is interested.

Jim C

Is it just me or is that burst off?  Normally I love Heritage's finishes, and feel they really have their bursts down, but that one just doesn't look right to me at all.  That's not a keeper for me.   

+1  i thought the same

I believe that is the new one, Graham told me the cherry burst and the gold top just came in today.  Can any one else here report on tone: mini bucker vs. full sized bucker?

I had a '72 Gibson LP Deluxe and the mini's are brighter and a bit more "woody" sounding than a regular bucker. Think Firebird with more bottom and focus due to the mahogany/maple factor. I traded that Deluxe, in '87, as a down payment twords my custom order Heritage H140.

I had a '72 Gibson LP Deluxe and the mini's are brighter and a bit more "woody" sounding than a regular bucker. Think Firebird with more bottom and focus due to the mahogany/maple factor. I traded that Deluxe, in '87, as a down payment twords my custom order Heritage H140.

Cool story how you got your first Heritage. :)

Is it just me or is that burst off?  Normally I love Heritage's finishes, and feel they really have their bursts down, but that one just doesn't look right to me at all.  That's not a keeper for me.   

I think it looks okay, even tho' it's not a color choice I'd want. Not all of the bursts are "wow"zers. Guess it's all in how the wood takes the stain. However, those pickups look like they were picked while still green. :rolleyes:

No, I agree.  The center part of the burst is too small, cramped looking. Bet it screams, though.

Archived